cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material requirement planning

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have requirement to run MRP for some material under particular plant.

Following is the MRP parameters used to execute MRP run in md02

I have executed the material with processing Key as "NETPL", the planning horizon for the plant - 1300 is 100 days only

but system considers requirement more than 100 days.

Please find the simulated result with above parameters

Could you please explain, How system is planning here?

What are the areas should I check to achieve the required run.

Br,

partha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The date in the MD04 screen is the requirement date for material . If the requirement is generated for an Order like production order / sale order upon a date for which it has to get executed , and in the screen shot you have attached , system says the planned order which are not converted to  a PR and if converted to PR , the release dates delivery dates  depend upon the material lead time , GR processing time etc days maintained in the MMR .

say a material is run with the MD02 today , in the last hundred days ( in your case ) if there exists a MRP relevant change is created like a requirement / reservation that situation comes into the planning file (MD20 ) and once the MRP is run , it will run as per the theory of the NETPL and gives the planning elements .

In your case just have a look at the MD20 planning file entries after maintaining the horizon for the plant ( MRP master data will be at plant level ) and again run the MRP with the below cases.

1. maintian the zero stock ( in development )

2. Create a reservation with current dates as a requirement

3. Run planning run

4.Check the output

case 2 : Requirements after the planning horizon

please check even though the requirement is far off from the planning horizon wheather system is considering the requirement for MRP as this requirement creation is falling within the Horizon .

Regards,

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

See the following thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3647209

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Partha,

I will assume you have not defined any planning horizon at the MRP group level, which takes precedence over Planning horizon at the Plant level.  OPPR.

Your purchase req is firmed, and therefore will not be touched by that MRP simulation.  Delete the Purchase Req, re-run the simulation.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi Ragavedra,

Thank for explaining the Processing Key NETPL

Now I am clear with NETPL usage so whenever there is a change in the Material within 100 days after the last MRP run, those material will be considered for planning.

I am not clear, How the requirement is considered for the material which is identified as per the planning horizon?

Br,

Partha.

0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Yes there is no planning horizon maintained at MRP group level.

Find the simulation after deleting the Firm PR

Am not completely aware about MRP run,

The issue which we are facing is when we run MRP for today Purchase requisition are created with  delivery dates/release date is in future, like for years 2017 and 2018.

We do not expect MRP Runs to generate PRs a set planning Horizon. Ie PRS should not be generated until the replenishments is within a certain period taking into consideration Lead Time and GR days.

Could you please explain How to achieve this?

Br,

Partha

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parthasarthi,

Set Planning Horizon at MRP group level and assign same MRP group to your material master and re try it should work because Maintaining a planning horizon helps the system to plan only those demands, which fall in the planning horizon starting from today. When an MRP Run is taken, the planning horizon is number of work days as mentioned (let’s say 180 days) from today’s date; the system would not plan any orders whose start date lies beyond this horizon.

BR
KK

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Per definition of the processing key ,

Material that has undergone any changes since last MRP run and those changes are in the planning horizon .

Per definition the changes would have been in the planning horizon to create the PR which is crossed the current date ?

Regards,