cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical name of a cube is stable. Do i need to use BPC Data manager to load data from source systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I need to load data to BPC via web-services. In 7.5 and in previous projects i loaded transactional data first to BW cube, then to BPC cube using data manager and "load data from infoprovider" chain.

Now i implemented a note, which stabilizes BPC cube technical name. Do i still need to use an extra BW cube for data load or can i load to BPC cube using BW instruments (abap for web services)?

Looking forward to your answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sergey.

Please have the clarifications.

1. Loading data from Web services --> BPC is not a good option. As it may end up with performance and data redundancy issues.
  2. Ideally please follow the following process for loading data.

Web services ---> BW ----> BPC 

Advantages: You can prepare/quality the source data as per the reporting needs.

In case if any data quality issue it will be easy to trouble shoot.

BPC Cube technical name changes: As such this change is not triggered automatically, But based on the usage of "Full optimization " on the respective BPC cube & data size in the cube. The tech-Name is changed. The change can be arrested so that you have the same name. Please use the following note to restrict the change of tech-Name of BPC Cube. 

Note 1689814

Enable parameter "ENABLE_FIXED_CUBENAME" for both source and target in SPRO

Hope this is helpful. Regards -Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergey,

If your requirement is to load data to BPC via web services, why not use BPC's web services as the endpoint?  In 7.5, I wrote some jquery to load csv files from a Sharepoint document library via BPC's data manager web service.

If you want to use native BW data loading techniques (and you have implemented the technical name note), you can but there are several things you must do like switching the cube out of planning mode.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan