Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in Eclipse - while installing new software.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I get following error while trying to install new software. I tried both Kepeler Service Release 2 and Luna versions and always get similar errors. Any idea what is missing?

Operation details

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: ABAP Development Tools for SAP HANA (Developer Edition) 2.36.1 (com.sap.adt.tools.hana.devedition.feature.group 2.36.1)

Missing requirement: ABAP Development Tools Foundation 2.36.2 (com.sap.adt.tools.feature.group 2.36.2) requires 'org.eclipse.mylyn.context_feature.feature.group [3.9.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: ABAP Development Tools for SAP HANA (Developer Edition) 2.36.1 (com.sap.adt.tools.hana.devedition.feature.group 2.36.1)

To: com.sap.adt.tools.hana.feature.group [2.36.1]

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: ABAP Development Tools for SAP HANA 2.36.1 (com.sap.adt.tools.hana.feature.group 2.36.1)

To: com.sap.adt.tools.feature.group 1.5.0

Thanks

Vj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It asks for the version of ABAP Development Tools 2.36.2. But you have installed version 2.36.1.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

It asks for the version of ABAP Development Tools 2.36.2. But you have installed version 2.36.1.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Could you guide me on how to install version 2.36.2? Apologies for my ignorance.

0 Kudos

Well, try to use this manual and check prerequisites - SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

You have also the links to download everything needed. Then installation of ABAP Development Tools is done automatically in Eclipse.

former_member184367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayendra,

Please refer this blog post :

I also faced so many issues while installing Eclipse but using above blog I was able to install Eclipse successfully.

Hope it will help you too.

Regards,

Sneha

former_member201346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

While installing new features, Eclipse tries to retrieve required features automatically in the background. If this is not possible, you get an error message about missing requirements. In your case the "Mylyn Task-Focused Interface" (org.eclipse.mylyn.context_feature.feature.group) is missing. It can be downloaded automatically from http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna (or .../kepler). Therefor this update site needs to be configured and enabled in your Eclipse installation.

Regards, Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Thanks again. Apologies for my late reply as i was on holiday. I am getting the following error message when i try to install the ABAP and UI5 plug ins

Missing requirement: ABAP Connectivity And Integration Development Tools (Developer Edition) 1.29.1 (com.sap.adt.pitools.tlf.devedition.feature.group 1.29.1) requires 'org.eclipse.graphiti.feature.feature.group [0.10.0,1.0.0)' but it could not be found

i then tried to update the Luna software and it comes up with following error

HTTP Proxy Authentication Required: http://download.eclipse.org/graphiti/updates/0.11.1/content.xml

Proxy Authentication Required

Any idea what is missing and how to fix it?

Thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

that one seems to be an ugly one. I don't know how you proxy settings in Eclipse are looking like.

Perhaps one of the threads in the Eclipse community helps:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/783720/

Regards, Felix

0 Kudos

Thanks Felix,

I am able to work with the Kepler version but still unable to fix the HTTP proxy error with the Luna version.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of your plug-in seems to be not up-to-dated; and other plug-in requires newer version of another ones.

My advice to you:

You need dowload eclipse once more.

and install software from SAP Development Tools for Eclipse

via eclipse: Help -> Install New Software

in filed work with enter: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/kepler

(or luna) as you wish

It is guarantee that you will have up-to-dated plugins.

It will save your time if you will try to check version if every plug-in.

also you need to install graphiti plug ins

org.eclipse.graphiti

and you need to change Java Version in eclipse via:

window -> Preferences -> Java -> Compliler -> Compiler  compliance level -> should be 1.6

0 Kudos

Thanks Oleg. All seems to be working fine with Kepler version. I am still not able to install the plugins for Luna version. Always get some error. So i have given up and for time being prefer to work with Kepler.

0 Kudos

Sometimes this can be as a result of proxy problem. If your machine or server is behind a corporate firewall, then setting proxy configurations in the eclipse can solve the issue.