Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Career for banking professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Qualification: Btech(CSE), Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Management and MBA(Marketing)

Experience: 3Yrs in Customer Service

Working with Private bank as Deputy Manager

I want to move software industry with my experience. Please suggest me the SAP module.

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee - moving from Training to Careers space

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Sorry for late reply. As you mentioned you are a banking professional so I suggested you FICO module. Even if you do not have good knowledge on Finance you can opt FICO. You will take more time to understand the concepts. you have to do more hard work.

If you are in India Certification is a difficult process. Once you get a job in a consulting company and worked there for two years, then you can go for certification without training.

Therefore, I would suggest you go for some formal training to start your SAP career.

Regards,

Sneha

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me

0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

As you are CSE engineer you can easily grasp the concepts in SAP ABAP (Advance business application programming). In Engineering you have studied programming languages for sure.

But FICO (Finance and controlling) will be the best module for you as you have experience in banking sector. You are having knowledge of all the financial terms already so you only need to learn FICO  from SAP side.

Hope this will guide you to select a module from SAP.

Regards,

Sneha.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your reply.

Some of my friends suggested, FICO suits only to the people who had good knowledge on Finance like Bcom graduates. As I am not have the proper knowledge related to Finance, is it ok?

Can you please suggest the best institutions of the same and certifications that I need to clear.

0 Kudos

Hi Sneha,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Some of my friends suggested, FICO suits only to the people who had good knowledge on Finance like Bcom graduates. As I am not have the proper knowledge related to Finance, is it ok?

Can you please suggest the best institutions of the same and certifications that I need to clear.

Regards,

Anil Kumar.V

former_member184367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Sorry for late reply. As you mentioned you are a banking professional so I suggested you FICO module. Even if you do not have good knowledge on Finance you can opt FICO. You will take more time to understand the concepts. you have to do more hard work.

If you are in India Certification is a difficult process. Once you get a job in a consulting company and worked there for two years, then you can go for certification without training.

Therefore, I would suggest you go for some formal training to start your SAP career.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Sneha.

Do I need any SAP domain experience for getting job or is it ok with the current experience in financial sector.

Regards,

Anil Kumar.V