cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Code to stop all the Process chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have ECC upgrade.During cut over activites, we need to un schedule all the process chains in BW.

Is there any T-Code to unschedule all the process chains and reschedule all the PCs after upgrade??

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The t/code that pops up in my mind is RSPCM. I don't know if you are using this for daily monitoring but if yes, it can help you to unschedule and reschedule the Process Chains. Another useful t/code is SM37.

However, in my experience simply unscheduling and rescheduling Process Chains is not enough. E.g. you will also have to consider delta queues in the ECC source system. Usually all deltas will have to be fetched prior to the upgrade. It's important to make a runbook to document the timelines and actions to be executed by the various people or teams.

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunder,

Thanks for your reply.

We have only 3 PCs. And there are no local chains.

If i uncheck the PERIODIC option, will it unschedule the load? Or do i need to do any thing more. Please advide.

Best regards,

Bala.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have 3 pcs only then directly you can remove from schedule.

Go each chain at RSPC, open your chain, Menu Execution-->remove from schedule.

Do like that for your 3 chains.

its 5 minutes work. by doing above your chains will won't run.

Thanks

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If you have only 3 Process Chains, then I suggest to do it directly using t/code RSPC or RSPC1.

You can find in the context menu (right click) of the Process Chain Starter an option like "display scheduled jobs". If you go here (i.e. an SM37 like overview of jobs belonging to this Process Chain Starter), you can see a job with status "released". The most easy way is to cancel the job here, i.e. the status will go back to "scheduled". This way it won't run anymore.

Advantage is that is keeps all scheduling parameters (e.g. periodicity and start time). It becomes now very easy to reschedule it after the upgrade of ECC.

Best regards,
Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your update.

After reschule the PCs, if i want to schedule it back with same timings where should i do it?? In Start Variant?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

Thanks a lot. Got it.

Best regards,

Krishna.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Select Start process step-->right click-->display variant-->change selections-->next screen,here you can select and enter required date and time, Choose as per needs,periodic/times/dates each every settings need to be save and later save chain and activate.

at final click on schedule/timer. As per time settings, your chain will run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

After deleting the jobs from SM37, how can i reschedule the jobs.From SM37 itself or i need to trigger the PCs manually again after upgrade.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Krishna.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KG,

Sander Requested to change job status only not for job deletion.

As of now your job status will be as Released.

At SM37, select job , menu Job-->Released-->scheduled or Cancel active job.

By doing above, Your job will be on hold.

Thanks

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Maybe I did not formulate my suggested approach clear enough. If that is the case, then I am sorry about that.

You should not delete any jobs because then you will loose them and the purpose was to cancel the jobs. You can find that option in the menu of SM37. It changes the status from "released" to "scheduled". The job will remain in the system but with status "scheduled" it will never run (only jobs with status "released" can run). After the upgrade you can easily release them on another date w/o a need to change anything else.

If you deleted the jobs, then you have to find another way of rescheduling them. I see two options:

• If there is in SM37 like overview (via context menu of Process Chain Starter) any other job with status "finished", then you can copy it, change the scheduling parameters according to your needs (incl. periodicity) and release it;
  • Alternatively, you can maintain the scheduling parameters in the Process Chain Starter variant itself, and after that activate the Process Chain. This will also release a background job which you can find back in the SM37 like overview I mentioned before.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If the process chain is already started then you can use REMOVE
FROM SCHEDULE to stop it.

But as you said it is during cut over activities so please make
changes in Maintain start process selecting an exact date you want to start from

Thanks,

Satish

former_member200384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During ECC upgrade you have to clear all Delta queue entry and SMQ1 entry.Otherwise if it is deleted by BASIS during upgrade and you end up with loss of records in BW.

Regarding Stopping all PC, there is no TCODE.You can Keep the PC in Hold till upgrade by contacting Scheduling Team including V1,V2,V3 jobs also should be on Hold.

After Upgrade make sure all deltas running Fine..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member214415
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should take help of basis team.

Besides this,As i know there is one program BTCTRNS1 to suspend all the scheduled jobs and other program BTCTRNS2 to reschedule the jobs.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Swapna

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can use following standard programs to un-schedule/schedule.

Goto SE38

To Schedule : BTCTRNS1 --> Be careful - It does not have any further selection screen, once you press Execute or F8 all process will suspend.

To Un-Scdedule: BTCTRNS2 - --> Be careful - It does not have any further selection screen, once you press Execute or F8 all process will schedule.

Thank you,

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please gotrw the link below-

The program mentioned in the link will deschedule all the PC's However if your downtime is for 6 hours then you might have to remove few of your process chains fro schedule. You can remove them manually or from program. Check it as per your requirement.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

former_member183334
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna ..............

there is no specific  tcode for the scheduling or un scheduling in process chain.

you can do manually or through ABAP program. you can check the  process chain using tcode -

RSPCM and RSPC1,RSPC

and also check the some tables - RSPCCHAIN,RSPCPROCESSCHAIN.

after completing the chain you can check with the SM37 - job overview.

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no tcode for the scheduling or un scheduling the PC.

you can do manually or through ABAP program. you can check the tcode - RSPCM and RSPC1,RSPC

you need to check the some tables - RSPCCHAIN,RSPCPROCESSCHAIN.

after completing the chain you can check with the SM37 - job overview.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

Go to sm37  and enter the job name BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER .Find out all the job under this name and delete the job from the database.

once the upgrade has been completed activate and schedule the each and every process chain.

Regards,

Sakthivel S