cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.0 RFC connections and Value for Parameter 1000 and 1001

Former Member

Hi All,

We have installed GRC 10.0 and trying to implement Access Control all modules. Can somebody give us detail regarding RFC connections required and maintain connection settings for GRC. We have created RFC from GRC-ECC and from ECC to GRC but as per some documents only one RFC required so please give us clear picture of the same.

Also need a clarification on Plugin settings in SPRO->GRC(Plugin )-> Access Control->Maintain Plugin Configuration Settings ->Parameter value 1000 and 1001 . Do we have to maintain these parameter only in plugin system or in GRC system as well?

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Shivani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani,

You have to create GRC RFC in the target system and Target system RFC in the GRC system.

Like You want to hook up ABC system with GRC XYZ system.

Create ABC RFC in XYZ system and XYZ RFC in the ABC system.

Regards

Munish Kumar

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello shivani,

Maintain the parameters 1000 & 1001 in the Plug-in system as

1-Parameter 1000- The Plug-in Connector is maintained

2-Parameter 1001-The GRC Connector is maintained

Let me know if you need further details.

Regards

deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak and Manish for your advice!

I have checked all the RFC and these parameters and have maintained the same in our system but once i run Sync job "GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE" in GRC system for FF logs updation.I am getting below error

!EHPCLNT800:Error in RFC;Obsolete and after that get message that sync comepleted.

Also when i try to fetch Consolidated Log report from NWBC then on clicking Consolidated Log report then no record found for users.

Please suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani,

Consolidated Log Report depends on lot of Configurations before it shows correct data.Following are the below of those configurations which you need to verify if you have done it or not.

1.Deploy the GRC Plugin on the backend system.

2.Set the Connectors for Integrations Scenarios and Mapping Actions.

3.Set the Configuration Parameters related to EAM.

4.Run the Collector job in GRC box & other EAM sync update job.

5.Configuration Parameter 1000 & 1001 is maintained in the plugin system with right Plugin Connector and GRC Connector Values.

6.Time Zone of both Bakcend and GRC System are same.

7.Make sure the user which is running the jobs have all the required authorizations.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pradeep

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivani,

Check this note 1893579.

Might help you in this issue.

Regards

Deepak M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shivani,

If you are on SP level equal to or greater than SP10 then decentralize firefighting is introduced. To use this one need to have RFC Connection from plugin to GRC system as well. Also to use user exit to stop FFID direct logon in plugin system the RFC destination needs to be there from plugin to GRC. In GRC to configure the plugin system go to SPRO->Governance, Risk and Compliance->Common Component Settings->Integration Framework->Maintain Connectors and Connection Types and Maintain Connection Settings.

As for parameter 1000 and 1001, you have to maintain both in plugin system. These parameters are not available in GRC box. In GRC box the EAM related parameter starts with 40**, where the first parameter is 4000. In this parameter put FFID role. The users in plugin system who will be having this role will only be taken as FFID otherwise would not be considered.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani Kaur

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivani,

Did you get a Solution for this?

If so, please post the solution and change the status of the discussion as answered.

Regards,

Deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your advice!

I have checked and maintained RFC connections and plugins settings as suggested and as per post installation docs.

RFC connection test is successful but FF Log update EAM Synchronization Jobs Not Completing and getting cancelled (GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE)  in GRC system.  I have set parameter 4007 to YES and FF log parameters Yes so that FF logs will be send but still not able to collect Firefighter logs.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thansk in advance!

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivani,

Check whether the system user who is executing the background job has proper authorizations or not

Regards

Deepak m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

User has proper authorizations. I am facing issue with only job GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE as its getting cancelled each time its scheduled. Also when i execute EAM LOG SYNC job through SPRO Sync job its gives below error then says that FF Log sync completed.

I have also scheduled one more job GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC for FF workflow sync and it completed successfully. RFC connections are trusted and connection test is also proper and RFC user also have access. Please suggest...

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check this thread , it refers to similar problem.

Regards, Andrzej

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shivani,

Check if these notes apply to this issue.

1898367 - EAM Log is not collecting for 740 systems

1893579 - EAM jobs is creating dumps in backend system on NW 740

Regards,

Deepak M