Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Upload

former_member227181
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am aware of uploading a file into sever using File Upload UI element. However I am facing problems when I want upload files from a particular fixed path. Say for example if the path is C:\Users\Public\Filename.txt.  I need to make the text field in File Upload UI as read only with this fixed path or when the user clicks on upload I need to upload this particular file. The path remains the same for all the users.

I did check the File Upload UI documentation, it says"You cannot enter the file name manually (using the keyboard or copy and paste functions), nor can the file name be set by the back end (directly or using context binding)."

Request   anyone to help out, if there is any alternative to check this out.

Regards,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227181
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Is there any alternative to upload  a file into DB of a fixed path.

Regards,

Madhav

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

I think ACFUpDownload ui element might be useful.

Please check the tutorial on ACFUpDownload ui element

Regards,

Rama

former_member227181
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Can you please let me know how to upload a particular file into a table using, I understood that I can set the file path here using this.

It would be grateful if you can provide me information on the limitations and other factors to be considered if this is used.

I did check this WD_TEST_APPL_ACFUPDOWN component, but not able to get the logic for uploading.

Regards,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

In File Upload UI element we cannot set the file name by default ( eg: using set_attribute( )). You need to select the file by clicking on BROWSE button only.

Thanks

KH