cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow has not triggered for Purchase order in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For one of the user...the workflow(Object type - BUS2012 and event - RELEASESTEPCREATED) has not triggered for purchase order release.

In the workflow overview it is not showing any workflow for that purchase order..even in table..SWIWIOBJCT it is not showing any entry for that purchase order.

And for some users it is triggered for first time...and then for second time if some other user is doing any changes then it is not triggered.As per functional ppl  all the configurations are correct and also the PO is created properly.

I have a doubt like in SWETYPV...it is showing four custom workflows active for BUS2012 ...event RELEASESTEPCREATED and one for event SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED.

1) Why there will be four active workflows for one object type and one event and How to find out actually which one is triggered.

2) User is saying earlier it was working fine..but it is not working now, what could be the reason?

3) Is there any mapping between User and Approver..we need to check..if yes then where we need to check this mapping.

Please suggest me if anybody is having any idea about this.

Thanks

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

One more place where you can check is transaction swb_cond(Workflow start conditions).

Considering there are 4 event linkages for same event, there is a good chance that the workflow will have a start condition.

In  txn swetypv check if a 'check function module' is present for the event linkage. It could happen that the check function module might restrict the workflow from being triggered.

One more thing you could check is the Enable Event queue option. If this option is enabled the event linkage will not be processed immediately. Instead it will be enqueued and has to be processed using a batch job.

Regards,
Unni

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first step is to turn on the event monitor in SWELS for the object BUS2012 (and events that are interesting for your case). Then you will see (in event monitor SWEL) which events were triggered and if they started a workflow, and if they didn't, what might have been the reason.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Thank you for the reply.

The event trace is switch on only.But for this particular purchase order the event itself is not triggered..so could not find it in SWEL.So how to go ahead with the analysis about why it has not triggered.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you can forget about SWETYPV. Most probably nothing wrong with the event linkage(s).

Based on your explanation I understood that the problem is now with the SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED event. It has not been triggered as it should have, right?

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya may be ...but not sure.

Actually I am not getting the link...that in which direction I should start doing my analysis.

I have been asked  to do analysis like why only for this user it has not worked.So I am just trying to find out the link between WORKFLOW - USER - APPROVER.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali

If your event trace is ON and there are no events when the PO is changed or when we are expecting RELEASTEPCREATED or SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED..... we need to check if the release strategy is configured correctly or not. Your Functional Consultant needs to check it.

You can cross verify this by manually releasing a PO till 1 or 2 levels and then change it via ME22N.... increase the amount or Quantity. See if the release is reset in the Release Strategy Tab. If it is reset, then the RELESTEPCREATED event should be triggered. If Not, then ask your Functional Consultant to check the config.

There is nothing much you can do until events are triggered. If the events trigger, then only you can check if there is any WF started for it or not (and if that workflow is visible in the "Workflows for Object" GOS Function in ME22N or ME23N)

Also, you do not see any events when the PO changed??? Or is it that you do not see SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED? Do you see any events like BUS2012.CHANGED or FREBUS2012.CHANGED instead of SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED?

Regards,

Modak

PS: I hope you have switched ON the event trace first via SWELS and there are no restrictions on the trace..... before you check for events in SWEL!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Thank you for the reply.

As it is on production side...not able to check it freely well I will check with my functional..according to him the configurations are correct only.The point is that it is working fine for all other users..only for this user it is making a problem.

Regards,

Sonali

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali

What about the other questions?

SWELS? No restrictions on Trace?

BUS2012.CHANGED / FREBUS2012.CHANGED?

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

There are no restrictions on trace.also I could not see  BUS2012.CHANGED / FREBUS2012.CHANGED events.

Actually for that user earlier it was working but now it is not working.Recently some transports have been moved to production and also there is background job running since last 5 days...in which this PO workflow is their..and still that job is in active mode.

Could be the above reasons possible for the workflow has not triggered.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali

It would be important to know what has moved in those transports.

Is there any customizing which has been moved?

Also, check SWEC entries for the change document EINKBELEG and BO BUS2012. Check if there are any field restrictions entered for the events RELEASESTEPCREATED or SIGNIFICANTLYCHANGED.

Regards,

Modak