cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user prompted for a password

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my project, everything thing was was configured with LDAP.No need of user name and password to login for end users

issue : when a particular user is trying go to portal, its going to portal with out prompting password. But when he clicks one role assume as ESS it is asking for a user name and password

it is the  issue of only one user and only for one particular role and other roles he can see with out password.

what may be missing for the user

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

When he is accessing ESS/MSS , if it is prompting for password, then it might be because of two reasons ,

1. His password might been locked out in the ECC system(backend) or his password might have been expired.

2. It is possible that they were multiple sessions and cookies were not expired after the session.

Please check with above possibilities.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

thanks for reply

note, it must not ask for password in entire portal, and when he is trying to login to portal from IE it is not asking password. but when he is going to some tabor role (ESS) it is asking password.

i think you understood my point and what may the case

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I did understood your issue. Please check the user details in SU01 in the ECC, if it is fine, then check for SSO connectivity between the portal and the backend, it is working or not.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will clearly explain the issue

1) as here the portal is made up of LDAP, it must not prompt for a user to login to portal.when he opens IE it must autmotaically take to portal

2) Here the user is able to go to portal without any password but when he is going to ESS tab it is prompting for password

understood

i have WEB AS, ITS Connector and connector, these three are in green state

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1. You have Kerberos Authentication enabled in Portal which is taking Network User and password and logging in to Portal.

2. In Internet Explorer go to Internet Options - Advanced - Security - Enable Integrated Windows Authentication (Uncheck this and close all the browsers)

3. Open the Portal URL and it will prompt you for user/password.

4. Have the user who is having issue login with his System user and password and see if it is happening.

5. If it is not happening the issue is with Browser Cache

Go to Internet Options - General(tab) - Browsing History (settings) - View Files - Select all and Delete the Temporary Internet Files - Close all the open browsers

6. Do the above step in user's system who is having issue and retry it and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

3. Open the Portal URL and it will prompt you for user/password.

can you please justify this

Portal should not ask password

nothing in my portal asks for a user id/pwd. but it is asking for one user. He is able to login to portal with out uid/pwd

but when he is clicking on roles

the above is when he is clicking on ESS TAB

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Ask the user to login to the backend ecc system with initial password and when prompted to enter a new password click on delete button.

Assuming you have SSO enabled in the backend ECC system as well.

At times it happens and user need to setup his password in the ECC system.

Do this and try.

Thanks,

Pramod

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Seems like the backend password has been expired. Please check with the security team.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no backend password at all. it is a sso log on

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask your security team to setup a initial password to the user who is having issue. And once he logins to the backend ECC system he will be prompted to enter a password, instead of giving a new password just click on Delete Button. It will fix the issue. Thanks, Pramod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Check if the user password pwd is expired in ECC . if yes then tell him to change to a new password.

After the password is changed and user is able to login to ECC . Login to the Portal and click on the delete button of the Popup screen which appears.

Logout and close the browser and open and login into a fresh browser.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Nitesh