cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User 'P' doesnot have permission 'ReadDbInformation' in account 'Ptrial' -Error Connecting cloud system from hana studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody, I started exploring HANA last week. I have got my SAP HANA cloud instance working.

When I am trying to connect it from sap hana studio-

using system->add new cloud system

After giving credentials , I am getting below errors-

User 'P' does not have permission 'ReadDbInformation' in account 'Ptrial'

com.sap.core.tunnelcommands.framework.executor.DefaultResponseConsumingStrategy  - statusCode: 403 Forbidden

Could not populate schemas UI.

can anybody let me know how to grant permissions or any other way to resolve this ASAP.

Regards,

Poonam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I got what problem you are facing.

Just try as below

add new cloud system--> hanatrial.ondemand.com (use this link in landscape host)

and try

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know if it works for poonam but it works well for me !

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue, but I'm already using hanatrial.ondemand.com as host.

The odd thing is it worked a few hours ago; but I had an issue with a project. The repository apparently can't be moved, so I had to deleted the project and the repo, and I also removed the system. Now I want to add the system back, and I'm facing that 403 error.

I looked in all menus in the cockpit, but none seem to enable me to grant the missing readDbInformation. I tried using the other hosts but they give the same results.

I tried reaching the URI (https://services.hanatrial.ondemand.com/services/v1/instances/p1940356270/persistence/v1/schemas/) using my browser, and this prompted me to accept a certificate, which is now properly saved, but this didn't solve the issue either.

Any ideas why it doesn't work anymore? Am I forgetting something? May I have lost the permission because I removed the system from Eclipse?

FYI I'm under Eclipse Luna 64bit, using Java 1.8.0_40 64bit.

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Just has to use the correct account name; the account and password were OK but the account name has to match what's written in the "account" tab of the cockpit (i.e., it bears the -trial suffix).

If somebody from SAP could update the documentation to include a warning about this, it might save trouble to many people.

Kr,

Jonathan

neville_fernandes1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Had the same issue... The account name has to match exactly and looks to be case sensitive.

Thanks Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had same problem and Mr. Patel's solution worked for me.

Thank You!