Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC EAM parameters

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1)I'd like to know the purpose of the parameter 4002 in EAM?

I know the parameter 4008 (Yes,No) will control the FF log on notification.

2) Parameter 4007 has two values

Yes - Set the value to YES and the application sends notifications when the user chooses the Update Firefighter Log button or runs the

program GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE.

No - Set the value to NO and the application only collects the logs when the user chooses the Update Firefighter Log button or runs the

GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE program. The application sends the e-mail notifications when the

GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC program is run.

I set this parameter 4007 with Yes and ran the pgm GRAC_SPM_LOG_SYNC_UPDATE , WF item and email is sent out successfully(controller assignment notification type 'Workflow') , then why GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC program is needed ??

3) FF controller notification types (Email, Workflow,Log display) . I understood Email, Workflow notifications, Could some one explain what 'Log Display' notification type?

Thanks,Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Basically, it works like this:Firefighter Login Organogram - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki.

Best Regards,

Fernando

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Fernando! Still having the following queries.

1)  I tested the below two cases

4002 -yes & 4008 -yes

4002- no & 4008 -yes

In both cases Login notifcation is sent to Controller. I suspect some reason should be there why SAP kept parameter 4002 though 4008 controlls the login notification?

2) If 4007 with 'YES' alone will be able to send email and WF items after running SPM Log synch program ,then why  GRAC_SPM_WORKFLOW_SYNC program is needed with 'NO' value?

3) Regardless of the controller notification type  , anybody(who have authorization) can access the FF logs and verify it.

Why it is available in 'drop down' in controller notification type(screen attached)?

Thanks,Krishna

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Baluswamy,

Purpose of the parameter 4002 and its relation with parameter 4008

4002 (Send Email immediately):

• If the Send Email Immediately is set to Yes, the Firefighter login Notification is sent to the Controller immediately as the firefighter login.

4008 (Send FirefighterId Login Notification):

• The Send FirefighterID Login Notification option specifies whether to send Login Notification emails to Controllers with information about when a Firefighter session was started and by whom.

• If this parameter is set to NO then no Login notification will be sent even if parameter 4002 is set to YES.

• Also the Login notification is always sent as an Email, for this no workflow is initiated.

• If this parameter is set to YES then controllers for the Firefighter ID in question will receive an Email.

Regards

Deepak M

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Deepak,

I gone through this thread before i raise my query in this space.

Can you explain me the difference b/w YES and NO for parameter 4002?

Enable the FF login notification - 4008 should be YES

Disable the FF login notification -4008 should be NO   , What is the use of parameter 4002 here?

Thanks,Krishna