cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing( 6*4 cm ) with DATAMAX printer using Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am supposed to develop a "Label printing( 6*4 cm ) with DATAMAX printer using Smartform" program .

How do i go about it ? Will Smartform be the recommended ? Can i do it using Script ? ...

Presently they prapare a file & download it in a normal report (not using Script), then print it using DATAMAX printer ....

Regards

Jaman

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaman,

I am not able to understand the full requirement of the labels. What is that you supposed to print in that label?

If you wanted to print only small amount of information repeatedly using a custom page format created with 6*4 cms, then you can choose scripts.

If the development is bit complex, i will strongly recomend you to go for smartforms, that too if it involes bar code additions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But does DATAMAX printer support printing the Smartform label(Delv note details) directly from SAP .

This query is just because presently it uses BarTender software integrated with DATAMAX printer so printing is done thru download the data is downloaded locally with BarTender format in a folder & then printed (using a mere report, no script or smartform).

====now i dont want to print the same that way ...i want to print it directly using driver prog + smartform ,,,,,,,,is that possible ?

people say no , it cant directly print using Script/Smartform , i beleive it can be printed using smartform ....whats ur take on that ?

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Message was edited by:

ABAP Techie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using Datamax printer, there are no printer drivers available to support the direct printing of scripts/smartforms. we have use only the BarTender software with SAP scripts to print these labels.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in scripts normally people call LABLE wht it means.. if anybody can tell me so that i can explin you about ABAP techei