cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assuming the employee at work and paying him different shift allowance in the same period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Help me out for the following scenario with my client.

The shift pattern changes on 25th of every month. The time evaluation is from 26th of the previous month to 25th of current month. But the payment will be from 1st to 30 or 31st depending on the number of days of the month.

For the first month to follow this scenario we have time evaluation data from 01st till 25th of the Month. How do we assume that the employee is at work from 26th to 30 or 31st of the month. What are the changes need to be done for this scenario?

And how to maintain different shift pattern Allowance from 01st till 25th and from 26th till 30/31st?

I am looking forward to hear from you. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Triven Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Triven Kumar,

When you run the Time Evaluation from 1st to 25th system assumes the other days of the month i.e 26th to 31st as Present and pays the amount. When you rerun the Time evaluation next month, any differences will be paid or deducted based on the attendances. You don't have to do any changes in the system.

Test for few employees and check the pay result.

Regards

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Kumar,

Thanks for your time. 1st to 25th the employee is working in night shift from 26th to next month 25th he is working day shift, which means shift allowance varies for both the shifts.

Payroll date is end of the month i.e 29th/ 30th/ 31st depending on the month.

1st to 25th the employee is working night shift

26th to end of the month i.e. 29th/ 30th/ 31st the employee is working day shift which means the shift allowance changes.

How do we configure this scenario? Looking forward to hear from you. Have a wonderful day. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Triven Kumar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Triven,

Please find below clarification:

Time Evaluation Dates - 26th to 25th of every month

Payroll Dates - 1st to 30th or 31st of every month

when you process payroll for any month you run the time evaluation for Previous month 26th to current month 25th.

Lets assume that you are processing the payroll for the month of Dec'14 for the employee who is doing night shift, you run the time evaluation till 25th Dec and system assumes the employee is present for the balance 6 days and pays the night shift allowance till 31st Dec. Now, You have changed the shift of the employee to Day Shift w.e.f 01.01.2015 and when you process the January payroll (Time Evaluation from 26th Dec - 25th Jan'14) system checks for the payment made for the 6 days of Dec'14 which you have already processed, system process the salary for the day shift allowance from Jan'14.

If you have changed the w.e.f date of Day shift to 26th of Dec'14 and run the time evaluation, system will process the difference amount (For 6 days Night Allowance which was paid extra in Dec payroll) will be adjusted in Jan'15.

For this you just have to write a PCR for Night allowance and the standard time configuration. Don't have to do any specific configuration.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you give me some inputs in writing the PCR for the above scenario.

Regards,

Triven Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Triven,

Kindly follow below thread for PCR on Special Allowance (Depending upon your requirement):

Regards

Ravi

Answers (0)