Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let me know am i eligible for 'SAP'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all sap Masters....

Greetings of the Day!!!

I am Ravi from Mumbai, graduated in Pharmacy & done PGDM-Pharma Management(full time) had field experience of 1.5 years. During my job I came to know about SAP and undergone initial training for 3 months(to get familiarize with SAP)  ,this is all about my journey till date...

I am really interested in SAP, Please let me know am i eligible for SAP, will recruiters pick up me with my Background  as i mentioned i am science background student and had zero knowledge about Programming and all software stuff..

If yes, please suggest me that which module should i learn..

4 REPLIES 4

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP does not just involve programming,its an Application which involves various departments of any company

There are Technical modules-ABAP(Programming)

Functional Modules-Purchasing-MM

Sales-SD

Production-PP

Finance-FI

so based on the above functionality you choose any functional module of your interest based on your background,these does not involve programming but you need to have brief knowledge on Business processes

0 Kudos

Thank you for ur reply Mr.Siva ji...

Please suggest me, Which functional module have more demand in the current business trend.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

If you have good understanding about the business processes in your area and have passion to learn SAP, then you are most welcome to SAP world.

Being a functional consultant, normally, you do not do any coding. If you have some basic training, I do not think it would be difficult to learn a  module. However, you should choose your module. If you have worked in a particular domain in your work experience, then you need to select the module from those domains, for example MM / SD / CRM / etc.

Possible take training from reliable institute, preferably from SAP / Partners, if possible opt for a Certification. Though SAP Certification would not guarantee a job, but it would impart required knowledge and confidence in you in order to attend the interviews. First SAP job may be difficult, but not impossible.

Please visit

Training and Certification Shop

Training Locations

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thank a Ton Mr. Ravi Sankar...

Sure I will look in to the module that which fits my work exp...

rgds..