Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Create Worflow item only if Task is released WS00400064

Hi SAP Experts

I’m using Standard Workflow WS00400064 to create work items if Notification task is released and if for a released task user responsible will be changed. This works basically but if I change user responsible for a task not yet released it creates also a work item. I tried to enter conditions in start event tab but it seems condition will be not used. There is no field to restrict only for released Tasks (TSRL) or something like this. Used condition also with Planned Start date and or Time. Do I do something wrong or is there another possibility to create work item only if Task is released?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!

With kind regards Peter

Former Member
Former Member replied

The events are triggered by the standard code. Normally there is not much you can do to prevent those events to be triggered (or if an event is not triggered in some scenario in which you would want it to be triggered).

It is possible that you cannot solve this with workflow start conditions. Normally you can do only quite simple things with conditions - such as checking if field value is X or Y. To be honest I cannot completely follow your explanation. But lets say that event X is always triggered when the responsible user gets changed. This is fine and your workflow starts. Now, you don't want to start the workflow when the QM task is till in certain status ("not yet released"?). Normally you would check the status field in the start conditions, and if the status was "not yet released", you would not start the workflow. If this field is not available in the start condition editor, it means that the "status" attribute/field has not been defined for the corresponding business object. Then in this case you should create a new attribute to the business object.

Regards,

Karri

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question