Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot display all possible data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Running a design studio 1.4 report ends up with

Error Massage - Result set too large (973420 cells); data retrieval restricted by configuration (maximum = 500000 cells)

Checking backend RSAMIN table

BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_DEF    4000000

BICS_DA_RESULT_SET_LIMIT_MAX    4000000

There should be enough room for all the data to be displayed. What exactly is preventing it from doing so?  Anybody?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Zabrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zabrina,

Look in the CMC to the configuration on the APS server common service Multidimensional Analysis Service.

The limit is set in the properties, and you can increase it.

When you say "Local mode" with DS, are you still connected to the BIP ? If yes, I would say the same parameter applies, or it would be located in the preferences of DS.

Basically, Rsadmin preferences are taken in account only if you connected directly to the BW server, and not though the BIP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Zabrina,

I found in RSRT to increase the capacity of ROWS is that suit your answer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I would like to know if the same or different restriction applies to both platform- or locally run application.

Also when I test with little data to start with and then add some more data in the report, I am getting a series of  error messages which I am not sure if it is related to this or not:

I appreciate if someone can help me to sort out the problems.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best regards,

Zabrina

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zabrina,

I would suggest you first of all make sure that you application runs without any error message with a small set of data.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

When I run with little data with 1 company code, no error message occurs. Then I tried to add more company codes at some point, all these messages come no matter what action was done.

That is why I thought it might have something to do with capacity.

Best regards,

Zabrina

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zabrina,

then you need to look at the scripting code and see what the root cause of those error message could be. the error message already tells you which properties are giving these error messages.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Zabrina,

You got any Work around for this . did you find the option where  to increase the capacity of rows.

I need to fetch almost 50000 rows for small amount data is  coming accurately .but when i want to fetch  larger volumes of data .it was throwing error to me as you mentioned in Screen shot.

If you came to know the solution .please let me know

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Isolating the source would be the first step as Ingo stated, but for me, it's a SAP error. Note that 1.4 is not supported anymore and patch to 1.6, or at least 1.5, could fix them.

Does you query has any special feature in it ? Like counters, exceptions, conditions, exception aggregations ...

Look at sap notes with your error, it could help.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zabrina - for the universe there are limits on data coming back per the Help

But my guess is your data source is the BEx Query.  What is the business case / scenario to bring back so much data to your dashboard application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

It is a very special supply report. It has been created before. I am just migrating it to Design Studio. Yes, BEx query report. Why can't all the data be displayed?

Best regards,

Zabrina

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zabrina - that sounds like it could be a safety belt setting for BW - please take a look at this SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1127156 and see if that helps

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, looks like you are handling it on the RSADMIN side - but the note refers to several "related" notes too.  I wonder if there is a setting in the BEx query to help or try using a query view to change the settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I cannot see anywhere in the query where such setting exists. I wonder what exactly is the problem.

Thanks anyway.

Best regards,

Zabrina

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zabrina - the note refers to a query view setting - so as an option you could try creating a Query View from your BEx Query

Other thought I had is are you able to access the same amount of data using BEx Analyzer?  Because if you can't then it still sounds like it could be an issue with the safety belt; otherwise the issue has been narrowed down to Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks. I know that there is such setting in runtime BEx WAD as seen below. I did not get any error message using BEx but I got it now when using Design Studio 1.4. My question is now to resolve that in Design Studio. What is preventing the data from displaying in Design Studio? Backend BW setting is not a problem. It is something else. Any setting in Design Studio?

Best regards,

Zabrina

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Zabrina,

See Karol's post below on this.

http://scn.sap.com/message/15580387#15580387

Looks like Design Studio does not take into account the ABAP RSADMIN parameters for safetly belt. I am not sure whether this is something which is coded at the BI Platform level (BIP add-on for Design Studio).  Karol might be able to confirm.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Thank you. I have seen Karol's post. I am looking forward to knowing exactly where to check and how to change it so that I can send this information to the right team to perform those actions. Somehow, there must be somewhere that is restricting the data from coming.

Hope for the best.

Best regards,

Zabrina