Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update for material variant - CUUPDMV

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

We are using material variants. In the material variants, we want to change the value of the variants. We know that we can change the value by using MM02 and go to basic data 2. However we're looking at mass update solution for a large number of material variants. We are reading that we can use tcode CUUPDMV to do this. But when we input the material and run we got message "No Change Possible".

How this tcode being used actually? We have read note 537346, but have no clue of how to use this. We are assuming that when running this program we will then have

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

the report is comparing the list of 'old' characteristic values with the list of 'new' one. If the content of both lists is identical, you get the message "No Change Possible". As mentioned in note 537346 the program can be used if you have added new characteristics in a class for a KMAT. The new value must be calculated/set with a dependency. It looks like in the case you have mentioned, the system could not find any new characteristics or new values.

Maybe you can check the changes you have done on your configuration model. It looks like the changes do not lead to a new characteristic or new values.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Juergen

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

In my example, I have a characteristic which have one possible value (eg. A1). I create 100 material variants, which is having A1 for the value of this characteristic. Then we got information that A1 now should be changed to be A2. What we do is we add A2 as one more possible value for the characteristic.

Then we could manually go to MM02 for each of 100 material variants and change value A1 to A2. But we initially thought that CUUPDMV can help us with this. Can't we use CUUPDMV to help us with this?

Best regards,

John

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap 2605,

CUUPDMV can be useful in scenario if you are setting up A1 using dependencies and created a new value in charactertic and assigned it to dependencies and then use CUUPDMV.

In your case it sounds like  matrial master change, so better use mass MM02 or if its a long list create a LSMW or BDC.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

if value A1 should be replaced with A2 in general, you could set it as a default value in a dependency and CUUPDMV shoiuld work for you. If you are not able to define a logic for setting the value I'm afraid you have look for another way (MM02).

Only adding the new value in the charactersistic has no influence on the value assignement within the configuration. Therefore CUUPDMV will not help you in this case.

Regards,

Juergen