cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to ECC6 through Java code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are having a batch jobs which calls an java application. This application connects to SAP Legacy 4.7 with JNDI name and fetches the data from 4.7 and loads to SQL DB. The application picks data from SQL table.

Now we need to collect data from ECC6 as well as from Legacy system. We have following queries:

1. Is it possible to fetch data from ECC6 as well as from 4.7  with same batch job?

2. We do not know what will be the JNDI name for ECC6, how to configure it or is there any other way to connect to ECC6 through Java.

Please help.

Regards,

Ashwin Mathuria.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please see the response below

1. Yes, you can fetch data from ECC6 as you have to write one more connection class to your ECC system.

2. I don't think you need JNDI, you can have the direct connection through JCO.

It will be good if you can provide some more detail about your setup so I can understand your requirement better.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

First of all, thanks for offering help in this issue and I am sorry for late reply.

Please find below details about the setup:

• We have Scheduled task for batch job execution.
  • It calls J2ee application, which is hosted on a Weblogic server.
  • The batch job is passing parameters like JNDI name. Using this JNDI name, application connects to SQL db, to fetch information like JNDI name for SAP and temporary database, Mapping of R3 tables & fields with SQL tables & fields etc.
  • It drops all the tables in SQL DB and recreates them, before fetching the data from R3.
  • The data which is fetched from R3 is updated in SQL database.
  • From this database the data is sent to databases of respective applications.

Could you please provide details about the proposed JCO solution?

Thanks,

Ashwin Mathuria.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

In that case, the best appraoch would be to create a JNDI datasource for ECC in weblogic as well and then you can write a peace of code to connect with ECC as well.

Thanks,

Hamendra