cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa HR Role, Area of Responsibilty and multiple Org Unit roots

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

the customer requirement is to limit the Org Struct visibility for an HR user to his Area of Responsibility (with many Org Units).

I implemented the A741 relationship between the HR position and 2 Org Units, but in nakisa i can see only one of these Org Units.

How can see both of them in the Organization Structure Hierarchy?

i'm referring to Nakisa 4.0 or 4.1

Many thanks,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara.

Have you made any further progress with this issue?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

unfortunatly no progress with this point.

As i understood, in nakisa is possible to enable "dynamic root", by setting 741 relationship.

Doing this, we can search (in Listing and Quick search) for people that are in the Area of Responsability of an user.

Nakisa, by standard, can not show in the Organizational Structure a hierarchy with as many Org Units root as the Org Unit in the Area of Responsability, is it right?

someone did some customization to insert a "dummy" root in order to have in Org Struct a hierarchy that includes all Org Units in Area of Responsability? how can i do it?

many thanks,

Barbara

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara.

It is possible to set-up a dynamic root in OrgChart, but this relates to where the chart starts and is derived from [user account -> associated employee -> incumbent in position -> in org unit].  It wouldn't directly affect listings or Quick Search.

In terms of showing multiple roots simultaneously that is not possible.  You have to have a single root.  The easiest way to create one would be to create the dummy org unit in SAP (with an appropriate dummy name) and then set the relationships to the other org units.

An alternative would be if you were using a fully staged solution (rather than live or hybrid).  You could then include some instructions in your join configuration stage to populate a dummy org unit and the relationships.  It would then only appear in OrgChart.  It would not appear in SAP.

Does any of that help?

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara.

Have you managed to progress this?

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Barbara.

With your HR user account, can you see both of the org units in the listings if you search for them; or is it still just one of them?

Regards,

Stephen.

0 Kudos

HI Stephen,

my problem is that the Org Unit Hierarchy shows only one org unit as a root..

How can see many Org Unit (that are in different branches) as root?

Regards,

Barbara

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should see all linked via the 741 relationship.  Clearly you aren't!

Stephen's question was to check that you can see both Org Units via STVN to rule out any issue seeing the Org Unit itself (to isolate if this is an AOR permission issue).

Stephen