cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal UME as user management for SAP Netweaver Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We would like to know if we can use Java UME as user management for SAP Netweaver Gateway.

In our landscape, we are also planning to implement UCES for which Java UME (Portal UME) is planned to be configured.

Now, we are also planning to implement Mobile services for Utilities end customers for which we intend to follow SAP Netweaver Gateway approach.

Now, as these are 2 different set of development approaches and as we would like to have one common User Management approach for both the types of developments, could you please comment on the feasibility of using Java UME as user management for NW GW approach.

Thanks & Regards,

Anurag Gwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I believe the gateway you are talking about is

- NOT the gateway in every AS ABAP

- NOT the gateway in AS Java (SCS instance)

- The Gateway in below link:

SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

If so, this is more of a NetWeaver Gateway issue, than an EP one.

I don't know if NetWeaver Gateway has implemented such an option - most likely it has not.

User Management - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

As mentioned in above link, I think Identity Management should be a more feasible solution.

BR, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply!!!

Yes, we've already explored the User Administration part of SAP Netweaver Gateway but couldn't find any documentation on the confirmation of SAP Netweaver Gateway being able to consume JAVA UME for its user management.

We understand and are aware of the option to use SAP IDM for the User Administration of NW GW.

But for our specific scenario, we are still looking / exploring the option to use JAVA UME.

If anybody has come across such a requirement ever, please suggest.

BR,

Anurag

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

AS Java provides a set of API as well as SPML but it's up to the caller (NW Gateway).
Here I don't think the caller has implemented this.

This shall not be the answer you are looking for, so I'll just leave it to experts.

By the way, have you seen any case where an ABAP system uses a UME datasource?

BR, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply again!!!

As per my knowledge and understanding also, I don't think ABAP system has a provision to integrate with UME datasource by any means.

I do agree with what you said that users from ABAP datasource can be replicated to UME datasource using SPML service but as far as I know there is no direct authentication mechanism between ABAP system and UME datasource as ideally speaking this is seldom a requirement.

Just for the sake of knowledge, I am exploring this option and do have little hopes for such an integration

Let's leave it to experts, in case if anyone has something else to say in this regard.

BR,

Anurag