cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Workflows In HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to  SAP Business Workflows, I want to start a workflow whenever user creates any record in a infotype, and get approval from the senior.

Please guide me on how to trigger workflow Whenever a new record is created using PA30.

Warm Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that you might not have a very easy task ahead especially if you don't have much experience of business workflow. Basically the configuration/development starts by trying to figure out how to trigger an event when a new infotype entry is created. This is relatively straightforward. Anjan already gave you some guidance (the transactions codes to configure this) and you can find some examples with few Google searches. 

When you get an event triggered, you can set up your workflow to start with the event. Now starts the interesting part. You said that an approval is required. Well, this is easy to implement for example with a simple user decision step in the workflow. But, wait a moment, the infotype entry has already been created in the database before the approval. So, when the senior approves, what does actually happen? This is something that you need to figure out with the people requesting this workflow functionality. Perhaps you will need some kind of status field in the infotype, which you can change when the senior approves. Or in the "worst case", there should not actually be any infotype entry before the approval has been done - then the whole solution need to be re-thinked.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

As  you mentioned, the clients wants that before creating any entry in infotype approval process should take place and entry in infotype should only be made if the Approvar has approved the record.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now this is more a question of the process & user interface itself. Perhaps employees are entering some information about themselves? They will not even have access to PA30?

I don't know the details of your process, so it is hard to give the best possible answers, but many times this kind of scenario is easiest to implement with a Z-table solution. You just build a Z-table for storing the data, and then a simple entry & approval application (e.g. web dynpro or whatever is your client's preferred UI technology). Once information is entered to the Z-table by the employee, the workflow starts and send work item to an approver. The approver approves the data, and then the data is transferred from Z-table to the infotype (e.g. with function HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION).

Anyhow, everything depends on the actual requirements, and the above might not be the best possible solution for certain scenarios.

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

First of all, Thanks for replying.

What if the user does'nt want to enter data through any custom application. They want to enter data directly in PA30.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is a problematic situation. If you enter something with PA30, then it means that the data is directly saved to the database/infotype. If your goal is as your earlier stated "the clients wants that before creating any entry in infotype approval process should take place and entry in infotype should only be made if the Approvar has approved the record.", it will not work.

If you have a custom infotype, then you could perhaps add a new field to, e.g. "status". When the user enters the infotype entry in PA30, the entry could get some kind of "initial" status, and once the approver does the approval, you change the field value to "approved". Of course everything depends on the actual process(es) that is using this infotype. You might need to do some small changes to that such as "don't take the entry into account, if the status field is "initial" etc.

You should also talk to the HR experts, if they can see a solution for this. How to make an entry into  an infotype without it being active or "in use".

Regards,

Karri

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 transaction SWEHR1, SWEHR2, SWEHR3 . Search in SCN you will  find lot of link