Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO access to SSAS 2012 cubes

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

We have a requirement to create reports and dashboards using SSAS 2012 cubes. Kindly need some information related to SAP BO version,support pack,featured packs,operating system,RAM size etc. and other system requirements in order to access SSAS 2012 cubes and generate reports. Appreciate your help.

Grtz

-Anila.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try google?

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/MS+SQL+Server+Analysis+Services+%28SSAS%29+OLAP+Connection

Regarding the environment - no one is going to give you a suggestion without first knowing your requirements, e.g. how many users are you going to be supporting? Which applications will they be using? What's your expected usage like? What's your budget, etc? There are plenty more - your post doesn't contain much information at all.

Do a bit of reading & research, scope out your requirement, and if you have questions afterwards, post back here.

NMG

former_member211235
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niel,

Well, I was asking about BO version which is suitable for accessing SSAS 2012 cubes. We have installed BO 4.0 and tried accessing the cube on Windows 7 Operating System of 8 GB RAM. But that was in vain. May I know the purpose of the users supporting over here??What usage are you pointing out?My post was very general and related to Hardware and Software environment. I see many of the issues were arising while accessing SSAS cube.

Grtz

-Anila.

former_member201488
Contributor
0 Kudos

When posting you should provide as much information as possible. Your post mentioned nothing of your existing environment or your attempts already, hence my answer being even more general.

If you have a specific concern - such as accessing SSAS cubes via BOBJ 4.0 then please frame your question as such, instead of vagaries and requests for general information. Doing so prevents both of our time being wasted. Simply saying "We have a  requirement to xxx" says nothing of substance and is guaranteed to get you vague and general answers.

May I know the purpose of the users supporting over here??

Yes, it's entirely voluntary; people give up their time to help you and others.