Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Var Configuration 7.1 SP12

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can some one help me to understand the usage of var configuration (value added Reseller)

Few Months back , I got an Requirement to configure Solution Manager service desk for Multiple Customers  (Customer A and Customer B ) uses same solution manager service desk.

I have Copied the Transaction Types(ZMIN, YMIN) and assign different Number Ranges to Customer A and B?

In This how var will helps ...

Thanks,

Support Team

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a VAR ITSM scenario page at SAP with all the relevant guides:

http://service.sap.com/sw-partner

The VAR scenario is an extensive topic, and your current understanding of it is not too deep. I would suggest that you read the documents, and ask particular questions about points there.

Some hallmarks of the VAR scenario:

- Possibility of using a different transaction type

- S user authorization structure is different

- More jobs and tables to maintain in order to have the authorizations correctly laid out

- Authorization objects of system users that allow you to limit the visibility of incidents and systems of one customer to the other

- optional: SLA configuration, support team determination, etc

- Possibility of creating systems through the marketplace, reading the 'license systems', instead of connecting an SLD or entering the systems manually in LMDB/SMSY

So, there is much more than a different number range. In fact, the vast majority of VARs don't use different number ranges for different customers.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño