Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouery on Vendor Warranty- Warranty Claim Management

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Al,

We have CRM as our front end system and ECC as the backend system where the billing happens. We need to implement Vendor Warranty Claim Management

I have gone through the below SAP Help document however have the following queries

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/46/dd88d8292512bee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

1) How can the same object(reference object) have both customer and vendor related warranties?

2) As per the SAP help document As soon as there is an agreement between the vendor and your company about the reimbursement, you use an action to automatically generate a debit memo subitem for the warranty claim item

Hence does the Warranty Claim document create a debit memo request in SAP ECC? where the vendor can be billed?

Please advice.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

1) How can the same object(reference object) have both customer and vendor related warranties?

Same objects can have both customer and vendor related warranties. While processing 'service confirmation' document, system determines customer warranty and while processing 'warranty claim document', system determines Vendor related warranty.

We can assign both the warranties at the component level of an object.

Hence does the Warranty Claim document create a debit memo request in SAP ECC? where the vendor can be billed?

A debit memo request will be created in the ECC in the form of sales order. Items in this order represent billing relevant items of the service transaction ' Warranty Claim'. Billing can be done immediately without any additional processes steps.

Rgds

Hari

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thank you for your reply appreciate the same, I have the following queries appreciate if you could let me know

1) Do we need to create service confirmation? we plan to create the outgoing warranty claim document from the service order?

2) Can you please paste screen shots with regards to maintaining customer and vendor warranties at the object level

3) Do we need to map the vendor as the customer in SAP ECC since once the warranty claim document triggers the debit memo request the same would have to be billed

4) How does the vendor get determined automatically in the outgoing warranty claim document or the same needs to be entered manually?, as per the video below post creation of the service confirmation when the outbound warranty claim document is created the vendor appears automatically

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30eea322-02d4-2b10-eeb4-de0a49ee1e56&override...

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Below are answers.

1) Do we need to create service confirmation? we plan to create the outgoing warranty claim document from the service order?

The standard way is to create service order ->Confirmation-> claim. I am not sure whether your requirement can be fulfilled.

2) Can you please paste screen shots with regards to maintaining customer and vendor warranties at the object level

I can't do this as my project assignment has changed and no access to that system. However, you can check at the assignment block 'Warranties' in the object over view page. Insert (add)

3) Do we need to map the vendor as the customer in SAP ECC since once the warranty claim document triggers the debit memo request the same would have to be billed

I am Not sure.

4) How does the vendor get determined automatically in the outgoing warranty claim document or the same needs to be entered manually?, as per the video below post creation of the service confirmation when the outbound warranty claim document is created the vendor appears automatically

For this to happen, you have to create Warranty check profile and assign this profile to claim document. The path is: Transactions->settings for service profile->define profile for warranty check.

Rgds

Hari