cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirment to keep some default text at Order header.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP SD Masters,

Requirement 1.

We have requirement to keep some default text at Order Header.

Ex - Text ID (K001 - Driver Contact Info) should have default text - "Mo: +91 9898989898".

Which can be overwrite, if user have need.

Requirement 2.

Is it possible to keep some error msg, for which text ID has missing text.

We have 20 category of text ID at order header level.

From that 6 text ID has mandatory to maintain text. When user don't maintain text, system is throwing error.

But the problem is,

System is only giving error msg stating - Header text is missing.

Here if system can give information with text ID or description of text ID. It will be easy to identify by user to, which text ID is mandatory.

Hope my questions are making sense.

Functionally I check almost control. Might be I am missing some place to check. Kindly give direction.

I don't have immediate requirement but this solution we must need. So, we can make out Text Determination more user friendly.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the link

Default text in sales order header

Thanks,

Krishna Kumar.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Krishna,

This is what I was looking for it.

Why to go for Userexit and all. We can achieve through some std configuration, with the help of Form Print out (ABAP T- code - SE75).

I really appreciate your reply and knowledge on this.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

First of all I am very thank full to all to show your interest and for giving your valuable reply.

Every single reply is making good sense for me. But still need to look for functional solution, if it is possible.

(Hope sridhar can give some functional solution)

Let me discuss more here.

Billing header text is not referencing from any preceding document or customer master.

User need to maintain here manually.

Here we have 6 text ID's are mandatory, without that we can't save billing.

So we found out two ways to solve this issue.

Either if, we can give some default text for that 6 Text ID's, which can be overwrite.

OR

System should give some error msg stating which text ID has missing text.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an interesting scenario.

Will be great, if experts can come in.

Defaulting texts for text ids (not to be copied from CMR/MMR or from preceding doc) . Can experts give their valuable inputs here..pls..

Error msg clearly showing the Text id.s.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear mistry ,

So we found out two ways to solve this issue.

Either if, we can give some default text for that 6 Text ID's, which can be overwrite.

OR

System should give some error msg stating which text ID has missing text.

check at copy control level weather any logic can be incorporated for this text to be copied from preceding document and can be post to forwarding document .

or

you can incorporate the logic for getting error message at billing user exit level .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Steel

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur,

For creating default values for text ids, you can use standard test features. You can create an access in the text access sequence with text object "TEXT".

Please refer the below link for details

Please try it, It may work

Thanks

Jobi

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur,

Is your text determination is in place?

Have you done the text determination from customer master--contact person-- to --billing document header?

you can check in VOTXN--Access sequence for text id's and text procedure

assignments. You can check the config in the following link which I think would be helpful to understand.

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd/blog/2012/04/18/text-determination

Thanks,

Sridhar.

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Thanks to show your functional approach to resolve this issue.

But its not working for me. First I am looking for functional solution only.

In my case No access sequence concept will come in to picture.

Billing header text is not referencing from any preceding document or customer master.

Thanks..

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry guys,

One more most important information I forget to inform.

I am looking for Billing Documnet header text.

Bcoz when we are processing at sales order header, incompletion log is showing correct information. Stating which are the text ID need to fill. But not at billing.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe, you have go for enhancement to read the required information (FM - read text) and write it as text (FM - write text) in the header.

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mistry ,

I am looking for Billing Documnet header text.

Bcoz when we are processing at sales order header, incompletion log is showing correct information. Stating which are the text ID need to fill. But not at billing.

here I am having some doubt,

you are saying in sales order it is showing correct information, than means up to sales order it is correct .

1. when coming to billing here text is missing (at the time of coping with reference document) ?

or

2.you want to make the same process in billing level also after copying form the reference document ?

3.here also you want same validation ?

Regards,

C.B Reddy

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Apologies for asking this trivial question, but why enhancement ?

why cant we achieve this with config? correct me if I am wrong but I feel, we can achieve this simple config.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

The required information is about driver phone number and I believe, it cannot be maintained at order level (as the driver details will be available at the time of shipment) and also as it may keep changing and may not be possible to maintain the text in any master records for determination in the document. If this information is maintained as text in any of the preceding documents (delivery, shipment etc.,) then it can be copied to invoice header. If it is maintained in any other fields of the preceding document or in a custom table, then we have to go with enhancement for reading and writing the text.

This is just my understanding and not ruling out the config. possibilities also.

Regards,

Ravi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can make the Text as Obligatory and mark the field ic (incomplete messages) in the sales document type under VOV8

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Siva,

Thank you very much for your reply.

But...

Its already obligatory then only it become mandatory to enter.

Regarding VOV8 incomplete message dosen't make any sense. It can't help me to achieve error meaage with => which text type is missing.