cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDG : Rules and validations issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

For vendor master, I have 3 levels of approvals.

In 2nd approval FI role comes and approvar can view the finance data and company code details.Some times approvar is missing the company code data, which is needs to be filled.

So here I have requirement to validate the comapny code data if not stop the process. I tried throgh BRF+, can you please help me in this requriement.

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Do you mean that for CC data if missing at FI approver level then CR should not be proceed? If yes then in it is possible in Configure properties for change request step (Specific FI Approver step) for respective attributes in concerned entity type and make it as required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes, can you please tell me the path in detail, where the configuration need to be done

Thanks for quick reply.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am using EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0, where currently configuration is mandatory until unless you click the tab, it will ask you for the data.

But users are skipping the clicking of tab. So please let me know how to validate the CR in this case.

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

If you want to make CompanyCode as Mandotory then use FIVN01 as BP role otherwise in BRF+ define ruleset for Validation Function for Company Code Entity type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Currently I am using FIVN01 as BP role, once the user click on the company tab, then it is mandatory field, if user skip the click of comapny code tab, its not checking for comapny code field. As the requirement even user not click the tab, error should populate.

find below screen:

So can you suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Use BP role FLVN00 where Company Code is mandetory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you use the role that Sanjay suggested, you will start getting an errors provided that the user actually creates and ERP vendor. Once the user clicks on the "Create ERP Vendor", the company code will be mandatory. Now, because this is a hard-error that you do not want your request initiator to get, what you need to do is to make the "Reuse Area Validations" not relevant in the Change Request step configuration. This way, these validations will not be enforced in the first step.