cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#MULTIVALUE error due to Exception Aggregation in BEx Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on BO 4.1 SP3. I am facing below issue. Do let me know if there is anyway to solve this issue.

I have a BEx query which has key figure Order Counts. This key figure is an exception aggregation key figure with Exception Aggregation as Summation and Ref. Characteristic as Sales Document. I am having Company Code in Rows So, I can see Order counts by Company code in BEx query output as well as BO Webi output.

I have a requirement to Group no. of Company codes and look at Order Counts by Regions -> Sub Regions -> Company Code ( Multiple Company Code will group into Sub Regions and Multiple Sub Regions will group into Regions). I have created Sub Regions and Regions as Dimension Variable in Webi by writing a Formula.

When I create a table inserting only Region and Order Counts, I am getting #MULTIVALUE error. If I insert Region, Company Code and Order Counts then I am not facing any issue and I can see all the values perfectly.

Please find attached below screenshot for your reference and let me know what can be done to resolve this issue.

1. Region Order Count

2. Region Company Code Order Count

3. Order Count Key Figure Definition

Regards,

Foram Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foram,

As you said that you have created the variable in the webi report. Region, Sub Region and Comany Code and while using with this variable you are getting a #Multivalue error.

This is happening because the Region you are using with Orders Count Key figure is conrtaing two values for the region. Create new variable(Measure) as below that will help you solve this error.

=[Orders Count] in {[Region], [Sub Region], [Company Code]}

or

=sum([Orders Count]) in {[Region], [Sub Region], [Company Code]}

or

=sum([Orders Count]) foreach([Region], [Sub Region], [Company Code])

Regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211423
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Foram,

1. Check if you drag only  Order Counts is the result coming as summation of all order count or multivalue?

2. If its Multivalue , then I suggest you to create a universe on top of bex query and on change the projection function of measure to "database delegated". This will help in aggreation at webi level.

Hope it helps!

Regards

Sheetal Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

1. For all values of Region, I am getting #Multivalue error but If I apply Summation then I am able to see value at the end of the table.

2. Is it possible to create Universe through IDT on top of BEx query ?

Regards,

Foram Shah

Arjun_KT
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shah,

You can not create Universe through IDT on top of Bex query .

You can create BICS connection on top of this Bex query and you can use this connection to the report .

If you want to create universe on top of SAP Netweaver BW please have a look on below link

Information design tool 4.0: Create a relational connection to an SAP NetWeaver BW InfoProvider

Hope this helps !!

Regards

Arjun KT