Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Security Update Issue with BPC

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  All,

Recently our client installed "New Windows Security Update" and they started getting issues with EPM Add Inn in excel. No reports and Input forms working properly. Not really sure how to sort out this issue. For a time being we have suggested them below work around but need final solution to sort out the issue.

Steps for Workaround :

1. Close your MS Excel sheets
  2. Open Windows explorer and use path below to search file “MSForms.ext.
  3. Search for file “MSForms.exd”, which shall be located in temporary folder C:\Users\user.name\AppData\Local\Temp\Excel8.0\
  4. And delete “MSForms.exd”.
  5. The file should rebuild during next Excel launch, and all VBA macros should. We have tested it and it worked.

Can someone please advice regarding this issue if there will be any final solution to stop this issue.

Regards

Parag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag

Please follow this SAP Note: 2107965

Please also uninstall Microsoft security update according to your Microsoft Office and Excel version.

Regards

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response Ammar. But should it be required to uninstall security update or only implementation of SAP  Note 2107965 is sufficient?

Regards

Parag

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I recommend you to uninstall the security update & keep the Automatic Update Off.

Regards,

Bishwajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uninstall the security updates.

Regards

former_member394086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

But anybody knows where exactly impact of security updates which occurs this issue. I am trying to understand how this issue started. I mean what sort of changes happened in a system after implementing this security updates?

Regards,

Parag

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The microsoft update has some issues which you can find in their support pages as below:-

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3025036

Regards,

Bishwajit

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Please go through the following note

2107965 - Issues in EPM Add-in after installing Microsoft updates

Shrikant