cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to sent an daily reminder mail to requester...after waiting for 7 days.

1)The request will be sent to an Approver to take the decision.

2)If approver has not taken any decision then it should sent an reminder mail to requester.

3)To send an reminder mail...it should wait for 7 days from the request date and then send an reminder mail daily till the approver has taken any action.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Serach for latest end deadline monitoring on SCN. you will get your solutions.

Regards

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for the reply.

I am very new to workflow, this is first time I am doing for reminder mail..I have searched a lot of posts but I am not able to achieve my requirement.

In latest end I have kept it as 7 days and in requested start i have kept it has 1 day.I am applying loop on reminder mail where i am checking the end_flag as x or not and this end_flag i am setting in approved and rejection node.But it is going for infinite loop and I am getting 100's of mail.

Please suggest me where I went wrong.

Regards,

Sonali

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali

Your decision step should have Requested Start.

Here, try this:

1) Decision step - Set Latest End to 7 days from current date and time - Select outcome as Modeled

2) In the modeled deadline branch - use two container operation steps to set two variables LV_DATE to SY-DATUM and LV_TIME to SY-UZEIT (the date and time when the first escalation happens)

3) Start a loop -Until END_FLAG = "X'

4) First step in the loop is to send the email - set REQUESTED START to LV_DATE and LV_TIME - the first time it enters the loop - it will send an email immediately when SWWDHEX job picks it up because the LV_DATE and LV_TIME is current date and time (this would be the email intended to go on the 7th day of WI creation)

5) Next step - within the loop - add one to LV_DATE

6) Loop Back - now the Requested start for the email step is the NEXT day (every one day the email will be sent). The step will WAIT till that date/time is reached (that is what Requested Start does and that is why it is not required on your decision step)

7) You may or may not set END_FLAG in Approval/Rejection Branch because as soon as approval/Rejection Happens, the latest end branch will automatically be nullified.

Remember to ensure that job SWWDHEX (RSWWDHEX) is scheduled in the background.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do like this.

Create a fork step type with two branches and one branch for end condition. in one of the fork branch put your approval steps/logic and in another fork branch put your send mail step in a loop (like you have done) the loop end condition should be based on a flag. Set the flag after step put requested start date for that send email step as 7+current system date. NO need of latest end deadline monitoring in this case.

Regards

ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir...

I will try and let you know.

Regards,

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ibrahim..

I will try out the solutions and will update...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Can I use below expression for container element to add 1 in LV_DATE.

Please tell me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Sonali.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sonali

First of all....  my name is Modak and not Sir 🙂 ... I would be really happy if you address me just Modak!

Secondly, use the following :

It will give you a warning "Expression 1 does not have a valid date format or time format" ... however will still increment the date by 1 day.

regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Modak .

With this I will be completing my first workflow.

Regards,

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

I have done the same steps as suggested by you.

But now loop is going for infinite times and I am getting 100's of mail.

Can you please guide me what went wrong.

Below are some screen shots.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali Deshmukh

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali

Why is there no Date and Time in Latest End tab? There should be a date and time for which the system will ADD +7 days. Just use system variables %DATUM% and %UZEIT% directly in the fields provided in Latest End.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Thank you for the reply.

But latest end is working fine.It is triggering correctly after 7 days.But then on 7th day itself instead of adding +1 to lv_date and triggering on next day it is going into infinite loop and sending 100's of mails.

Well,I will add date and time in latest end tab also and will let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali Deshmukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is 'Requested start' really needed for this scenario?

In the 'Latest end' initially have to add current date + 7 days and once 7 days reached, again needs to add current date + 1 day for daily reminder.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

I have done the same.But still I am getting the same problem.It is going into infinite loop, and the loop i have given condition as END_FLAG = X and if true action taken and if false reminder mail.

All the variables which i have set are getting correct values, but loop is going into infinite means is it that loop condition is wrong.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,

Sonali Desmukh

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What is the Condition "Set Indicator" ...can you please give a screen shot?

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daily mails are a very bad idea. The only guaranteed result is that your users will start ignoring them.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Not too sure.....but...Try using constants instead of directly comparing with "X'. END_FLAG = GC_TRUE where GC_TRUE is a container element of same type as that of END_FLAG and initial value set as 'X'. And when you set this flag, set using this container element instead of a direct X

Answers (0)