I want to sent an daily reminder mail to requester...after waiting for 7 days.
1)The request will be sent to an Approver to take the decision.
2)If approver has not taken any decision then it should sent an reminder mail to requester.
3)To send an reminder mail...it should wait for 7 days from the request date and then send an reminder mail daily till the approver has taken any action.
Modak Gupta replied
Your decision step should have Requested Start.
Here, try this:
1) Decision step - Set Latest End to 7 days from current date and time - Select outcome as Modeled
2) In the modeled deadline branch - use two container operation steps to set two variables LV_DATE to SY-DATUM and LV_TIME to SY-UZEIT (the date and time when the first escalation happens)
3) Start a loop -Until END_FLAG = "X'
4) First step in the loop is to send the email - set REQUESTED START to LV_DATE and LV_TIME - the first time it enters the loop - it will send an email immediately when SWWDHEX job picks it up because the LV_DATE and LV_TIME is current date and time (this would be the email intended to go on the 7th day of WI creation)
5) Next step - within the loop - add one to LV_DATE
6) Loop Back - now the Requested start for the email step is the NEXT day (every one day the email will be sent). The step will WAIT till that date/time is reached (that is what Requested Start does and that is why it is not required on your decision step)
7) You may or may not set END_FLAG in Approval/Rejection Branch because as soon as approval/Rejection Happens, the latest end branch will automatically be nullified.
Remember to ensure that job SWWDHEX (RSWWDHEX) is scheduled in the background.