cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see XBO extension fields in production tenant!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently uploaded and activated a solution in a production system. This solution contained a BO extension and extension fields which were extended to the relevant BO screens. After scoping the solution in the system the fields we have added to the screens are not visible! My guess is the fault lies with the way I set up the BAC elements, I just added a simple Business Option with a simple scoping question. I am not sure if I needed to add the extension content to some sort of scoping object.

The solution content is as follows:

The BAC Element has been set up as follows:

This is a very frustrating problem, again, my only guess is that I did not add some content to some configuration element. Do I need to create a BCO or something? Your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Alexander Ludwig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

Is your issue solved?

Mine was solved by the SAP Support team with a back end fix.

My solution did not have any problem but there was a back end issue with it that I cannot fix myself.

Perhaps this is the same issue. You should raise a Very High incident in Production in order to solve your issue.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

I am facing exactly the same issue !

I already pushed several solutions with Extension fields in this Production tenant, but the new solution I did push yesterday just does not show up !!!

My settings:

- Simple Business Option, as you did, without fine-tuning : which is working for all my past solutions,

- I only have a single extension field which extends the BO Sales Order and enhance the SalesOrder OWL, I cannot make this easier (I already did that actually and it worked)

- Solution successfully deployed and data update completed

- Solution scoped through Edit scope as the Prod Tenant is Not Live Yet

- And yes, as usual, I am using a business user, NOT my PDI one

My two guesses:

- We need to scope the solution through a Change project (but I do not get why all my other solutions have been previously scoped without it and are working fine !). But as the implementation project is not yet live we should not need to go through a change project.

- In my use case, perhaps my new solution extending Sales Order is getting in the way of a past solution which also extends the Sales Order BO and the Sales Order OWL

* But I do not understand why it is working fine in the test system, but does not show up in the prod system

I hope someone have a clue on this. Anyway, I will raise an incident for this matter as getting solutions into Prod is just not clear at all. The process seems so easy when you read the documentation, but every time I do it there is an issue, even if I do not have some in the test system!

Thank you all for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the status of the Implementation Project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's has been activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using a business user for testing purpose, or are you using a developer user (with PDI permissions)?

Please use the first one if you are not already in that case.

former_member201819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Alexander,

we deployed several AddOns with extension fields on standard screens "only" with a Business Option.

So it should basically work.

I would also suggest to check the user rights assignments.

Kind Regards

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I haven't actually created my own Work Center View in this case, but should I be assigning one? Wouldn't this work center view have the same name as the solution name?

former_member201819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

OK I checked again and it is not necessary to create and assign a WCV in your case.

How did you activate the solution? Via fine-tuning or in a change project?

(There is a check box "visible in fine-tuning" in the bac-element to make your business option available there)

Kind Regards
Pablo

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandar,

Did u add the fields in BCtools implementation project WCVIew screen?

Is the user u r checking has the view assgined?

check XML where u have added the fields.

Please check and post screens for that as well!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruvin,

To be honest I've never deployed a solution with screen extensions. I haven't created any BC Sets, just extensions to a BO and added these extension fields to the standard screens.

Would I still need to the implementation project WCView if there's not fine-tuning content?

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh! Sorry I think then you dont need to do that! So basically what is the type of field u used in XBO?

and Did u check the extensibility explorer XML is Production client?

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruvin,

What do you mean by "Did u check the extensibility explorer XML is Production client?"

Where can you check this xml?

Thank you !

Jacques-Antoine