cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting a workbook

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I know we have many discussions on broadcasting workbooks,queries via precal server. I have a simple question.

we have a workbook which has to be broadcasted via email daily. Right now, we do not have the Java stack and there is no precal server as well. I tried to broadcast via RSRT (ABAP WEB). The limitations here we cannot broadcast workbook and cannot be sent as an excel/pdf attachment.

If we have the Java stack also, then what are the possibilities of broadcasting a workbook without having precal as installing precal server is the last option for us.

Thanks

Haradev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Haradev,

Gill is right, need a precalculation server to broadcast workbooks (and also, a Java Stack with BI Java Components).

The Precalculation server should not be a big concern.

If you company has only ONE workbook to broadcast, you can install the Precalc. Server on any server available. One workbook will not consume your hardware at all. You don't need a dedicated server for that.

Also, one more thing. Customers requires to broadcast workbooks, but sometimes the workbooks are quite simple, contain only one query with no excel formula. In that case, doesn't make any sense to broadcast the Workbook instead of the Query in XLS(XLM) format.

Here are the Precalculation Server requirements:

A - Software & Hardware Requirements

Please review following note to find details about Hardware & Software requirements, limitations and recommended combinations of operating systems & Microsoft Excel versions:

1824131 - BW 7.X Precalculation SAP GUI 730 - General Info. & Limitations

1995537 - BW 7.X Precalculation SAP GUI 740 - General Info. & Limitations

Make sure that your Precalculation Server fulfills all requirements mentioned in the note.

Attached to note you can find the Precalculation Server Installation guide.

Supported operating systems (Both 32/64 BIT):

Windows XP (not SAP GUI 740)

Windows 7

Windows Server 2003

Windows Server 2008

Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Server 2012

Supported Excel versions (ONLY 32 BIT):

Microsoft Excel 2003  (not SAP GUI 740)

Microsoft Excel 2007 with limitation mentioned in note 1619110

Microsoft Excel 2010

Microsoft Excel 2013

Regards,

Edward John

0 Kudos

Thank you Gill and John. Only problem for us we do not have any windows server in the landscape So i was just exploring options. I am writing a program and scheduling it .

Thanks

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, I see.

You can consider a Virtual Machine for that. VMware is supported and you can use an old license of Windows XP, if you have.

Good luck!

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haradev,

If you have a Workbook - then it has to go via a PreCalc server,

Regards

Gill