Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing output as e-mail in different sales orgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Have a requirement here for a client as below,

We have customers who belong to multiple sales organisations and when billing documents are send as e-mail each sales org has different e-mail recipient address to be sent to.

i will explain scenario with an example.

Cust A exists in Sales Org SO1, SO2, SO3 and SO4.

When we send invoice outputs from each sales organisation for Cust A,

From SO1 system has to send the output to e-mail address  XYZ@mail.com

From SO2 system has to send the output to e-mail address ABC@mail.com

From SO3 system has to send the output to e-mail address 123@mail.com

And for sales organisation SO4, System has to send invoice as an e-mail to internal Account manager first as PDF attachment and then Account manager will send it to customer after internal review.

So technically for SO4 it is again a different e-mail address that invoice output has to be sent.

Can this be achieved by Standard SAP configuration tweaking ?

Or this has to be an enhancement ?

Please let me know your thoughts and advice.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Gopi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I think so we can't archive this by standard SAP , but any how we are sending mail means we have to configure output types through NACE tcode . then in NACE we are maintaining the custom program there we have to write our own code saying that if the customer sales org is 1 then goto particular mail id like that have to write the logic.

if so1 = 1.

mail_id = sa11@gmail.com

elseif so1 = 2.

mail_id = sa22@gmail.com

elseif so1 = 3.

mail_id = sa33@gmail.com

else.

mail_id = manger@gmail.com

endif.

append the mail_id to receiver's structure and send mail.

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

you can achieve your requirement in standard by using partners. You define a partner, e.g ZZ in tcode VOPA , call it "mail recipient" and define it as type KU  group 07.

Assign it to your customer account group. Update your partner procedure to add this ZZ partner. Add this partner to sales, delibery and invoice partner procedure so it gets copied from master data to different documents.

In NACE update for your message entry in partner function tab, fill it with external output and partner ZZ.

Now create 4 ZZ partners (let´s call them A,B,C, and D), in XD01. For example:

partner ZZ A in sales org SO1 with email  SA11@GMAIL.COM

partner ZZ B in sales org SO2 with email  SA22@GAMIL.COM and so on...

Finally, update your Cust A, SO1 with partner ZZ A , Cust A, SO2 with partner ZZ B and son on...

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is what i had also tried avoiding the enhancements, It is working for all the 3 scenarios and it is not working for scenario 4 which is for SO4 requirements.

And for sales organisation SO4, System has to send invoice as an e-mail to internal Account manager first as PDF attachment and then Account manager will send it to customer after internal review.

So technically for SO4 it is again a different e-mail address that invoice output has to be sent.

Problem here is  System is picking the Bill to party details from the partner ZZA.

Customer master setup is as shown below,

CUST A

SO4 - Partner functions

SP- CUST  A

SH- CUST  A

BP - CUST A

PY- CUST  A

ZZ-  CUST Z (newly created customer group with e-mail address)

Now when the invoice is printed it is looking like this,

Invoiced To:                     Delivered To:

Cust ZZ details                  Cust A Details  

Our requirement is to display the Invoice To details as CUST A (because the original Bill to is CUST A.

Because here in SO4, we just want to send the invoice to account manager first and then he/she will forward that to customer. But here with our config system is displaying the account manager details in invoiced to section.

Is there another way to achieve this, that just for this sales Org 4, System needs to pick up the e-mail address of the ZZ customer and still Invoice to section details are CUST A details.

Please let me know your advices gurus.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

It is not that it is not working for SO4 but it is working as desired. Since as per the configuration data is being picked from 'ZZ' partner function and I think (and kindly correct me if I am wrong) that in all sales organisation except SO4, the data maintained in respective ZZ partner is same as BP.

I think that changing  the ZZ details in SO4 (except keeping the account manager email ID) will give you a desired output.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

for all the three Sales Orgs yes, it is same as BP.

only for SO4 i am adding ZZ partner function as invoice recipient (who is an employee customer).

And i cannot change ZZ Partner who is an employee customer will not work as that account manager is responsible for many customers. Changing that will affect all the other customers as well.

By curiosity, Is there a way that we can enter a specific e-mail address in output condition master data for medium type 5-External Send ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

The solution provided by Krishna is the easiest and straightforward solution to fulfill your requirement.

However, I would like to propose you one more solution since it happens that email ID changes time-to-time, and then in that case, we need to change the program since it is hard-coded in print program:

Make use of text determination procedure using 'Customer' > Sales & Distribution. Within 'TxtDetProc CustomerSD', maintain a text ID as 'Email ID' (Text ID's in Textprocedure) and there you maintain mail IDs and get it read through a FM 'READ_TEXT' in your print program.

So, in future, if mail ID(s) is (are) to be changed, you need to change at Customer master level only and no need to change the program for such a small change.

If you are sure that customer mail IDs will never change, solution provided in previous post is the best one to follow.

Regards

SD