cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Source Currency Translation at Query level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to covert a fixed source currency into a fixed target currency. For this I have created a currency translation type in RSCUR which is having a fixed source currency and fixed target currency.

Now, when I apply that translation type in query designer at keyfigure level, it converts for all records which have exchange rates maintained to target currency.

For instance, I have LTL to EUR maintained and SEK to EUR maintained for an specified rate type say M. Now, both LTL and SEK are converted to EUR.

My requirement is only to have LTL converting to EUR.

Even I noticed, irrespective of the exchange rate types maintained, translation is happening.

For instance, I have Exchange rate type EURO having exchange rates for LTL to EUR. But if give a different translation type other than EURO, its converting LTL to EUR based on exchange rate maintained against exchange rate type EURO.

I am pretty confused, how its actually referring to TCURR table.

Could anyone advice, how to have a fixed source currency work. Even I tried having a variable for determining source currency which has default values of LTL, but still not working.

Thanks in advance and points will be assigned definitely.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Could anyone please advise on this.

Thanks

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

generate query using RSRT and clean up the cache for this query.

if issue still exists then try to check the currency transslation used using Key figure defination in RSRT

1. excute the query in RSRT

2. put cursor on the incorrect value

3. click on the key figure definition in the top bar below menu bar

4. check the values picked from TCURR table

hope this helps.

-swati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

thanks for the inputs but kindly refer below:

I am not getting any error values in the report but inverse exchange rate is automatically derived.

I have a rate type for which LTL to EUR is maintained and also EUR to SEK is maintained.

Now when translation is applied using this rate type, its converting SEK to EUR as well using inverse exchange rate.

I hope you get the point. Any inputs on this?

Thanks

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kitu,

as far as I know with the currency translation in a query all data records are translated, not only the records of one source currency.

So If you want to have several currencies in your report, you may not use the curr translation in the query, but you need to create the data records for the currencies which you want to see in the report.

regards

Cornelia