cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS server not starting

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am Supporting (Struggling )  SAP BO server installed with Sybase ASE 15.7.

Few days ago, I got the following error in CMS server log and it was not able to start. It was happened while restarting

Text:

assert failure: (.\DatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:3501). (0 : Unknown ISubsystem::Error caught: The index info object with id 108 does not match the type of the index already in the database. The requested property type is string and the one in the database is datetime. The requested property size is 32 and the one in the database is 32. Index info object does match what is already in the database

SAP support suggested me to restore the DB and the issue was not resolved. Finally I have restored complete system (Through VMware). So was unable to find the solution on the above issue.

And now, I have just tried to move the installation location of BO server from one drive to another drive(swapping the drive letter too). I Got the error in Sybase tables. So I re-do the drive change and again. Now the Sybase is fine but I got the same error in CMS log.

Text:

assert failure: (.\DatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:3501). (0 : Unknown ISubsystem::Error caught: The index info object with id 108 does not match the type of the index already in the database. The requested property type is string and the one in the database is datetime. The requested property size is 32 and the one in the database is 32. Index info object does match what is already in the database).

Text:

assert failure: (.\DatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:8385). (m_state == State_TablesReady : no message).

What is it means? and how could I clearly understand this issue?

Regards,

Pandiyaraj Jayaprakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayprakash,

Please refer the below KBA.

1922477 - Central Management Server fails to start.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1922477

Thanks,

Daya

0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks for the reply.

As per the note you specified, the DB client driver need to be upgraded.

I am working on this. And I could not find the driver location in BO system as the note specified for SAP abap and java systems.

Also I have searched with the string specified in the note. no Luck.

May I know in which location the ODBC and JDBC drivers available in BO server.?

Regards,

Pandiyaraj Jayaprakash

0 Kudos

Hi,

never change the Drive location of the SAP BI Installation as the path to the installation and some other Path`s are written into the CMS DB.

You should update your Sybase Middleware installed on the SAP BI Server. As your CMS DB is Sybase ASE 15.7, so your Middleware Client on the SAP BI Server should be in Version 15.7.

Regards

-Seb.

0 Kudos

Hi Seba,

Unlike SAP ABAP and Java system, BO system has Sybase installed separately. So no usr directory for DB client tools in BO.

How to upgrade the DB client for BO server?