cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock over allocation at storage location taking from plant level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

During the sale order creation the stock allocation for the line item confirmation is getting allocated more than the storage location available qty.

since the physical stock available in the different storage location couldn't able to do the transfers. The stock allocating from plant level it seems.

i have checked there are NO goods transfers to this storage location causing additional stock allocation.

in my configuration , i have unchecked - NO storage location

Checked (X) - Checked without RLT

(X)-  Include safety stock

(X)- Include reservations

(X)- Include sales requirments

(X)- Include deliveries     

(X)- Include dependent reservations

FYI, the availability based on the physical stock (On hand stock)

Availability check Doesn't  include PO , since the following are Unchecked

1) Purchasing orders

2) Purchasing requisition

3) Dependent requirements

kindly let me know any checking required to stop allocation from plant level. ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I had similar issue in the past, through my analysis it has been observed that the Availability check is always carried at Plant level in the Sales order. System wont see for storage location stocks during allocation (availability).

If you maintain the storage location in Sales order item level, then system will consider only stock available for particular storage location in the plant.

Even if system confirms the quantity but you can control this situation during delivery creation where for Availability check ZA & B (Delivery) (OVZ9), we need to check mark the field "Check without RLT".

Regards,

PB

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Is the system confirming the quantities even if you create an order for very large no. (like say 1 million).?

Check the MRP2 view of the material, check the procurement type and corresponding time periods maintained.

Hope you have maintained a production/procurement time value > 0.

else the system will confirm any no. of quantities.

Regards

Jobi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you maintaining the storage location details in the sales order item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi ,

Yes storage location is mentioned in the sale order item , the alloaction happening more than the than the physical stock available in the storage location

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly block the Sales Order. then start doing Transfer posting.

Also let me know the IS: Solution you are using.

Kind Regards

Kamlesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya,

once the sale order block the stock , transfer posting is not allowing as 0 pcs to do to transfers.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your Sales Order Screen furnish us the Scope of Check screen shot and the availability overview screen .

Regards,

SRK

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

Will be good to have more clarity of the scenario.

Please paste the screenshots as suggested by SRK.

THanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRK /Jobi ,

thanks for you reply, the below is the availability control configuration .

kindly advice to control stock allocation at storage location