cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disconnecting OLD PI system & Connecting ECC to new PI system (via Proxy)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We are correctly on PI 7.1 which is connected to ECC for PROXY communication.

However, we have a new PI 7.3 and would like to disconnect PI 7.1 and connect it to the new PI 7.3.

Can you please let me know - Best practice to disconnect old PI Box -

• Is it just deleting the RFC and removing config from SXMB_ADM ?!
  • Would the below steps cover all the necessary config to connect the new PI 7.3 environment to ECC
    • SLD Entries in PI
    • SM59 HTTP Connections
    • SXMB_ADM Config
    • SLDCHECK

Please, ADD anything I might have missed!!

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ritu

The steps you mentioned covers quite a bit of the config required. Just to add on a few more, and some further clarification.

In PI SLD

- Make sure ECC system is automatically registered into PI7.3's SLD. Create the associated Business System for the ECC client if it's not already there

In ECC

- Update new SLD host in transaction SLDAPICUST

- Update RFC destination SAP_PROXY_ESR to point to repository of PI 7.3

- In general transaction SLDCHECK is very handy to check that your config is correct

You didn't mention whether your 7.3 system is single stack or dual stack. If you are planning to connect the proxies for runtime communication via AEX, the you need to connect via SOAP adapters using XI3.0 protocol. You need to modify your SXMB_ADM destination in ECC and proxy receiver channel in PI accordingly. Below are some articles which cover that for inbound and outbound proxies.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

Thank you so much from your response!!

PI 7.3 we have installed is dual stack.

Also, can you please clarify on the below:

1. How does PI 7.3 SLD automatically register ECC ?!
  2. With regard to SAPAPICUST - I will have to update the LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI RFC to point to the new PI 7.3 - Can you let me know wat registered server programID is ?! - Currently programer ID has PI 7.1 server values - need to update to PI 7.3 programID.

Thanks again,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

From PI7.0 onwards ECC client registered automatically  in SLD.

check/use RZ70 to register the ABAP system to SLD.

did SLDCHECK shows all green or if any error or warning?

Regards, Prasanth

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

As mentioned by Prasanth, ECC client should be automatically registered. You just have to check in PI 7.3 SLD if it's there. If not, then use RZ70 as mentioned.

For the RFC dest related to SLDAPICUST, please refer to the following link

Connecting to the System Landscape Directory - PI (Process Integration) - SAP Library

My guess is the systems would normally be Unicode, so use SAPSLDAPI_UNICODE as program ID.

SLDCHECK is a great tool you have to check that all is in order. I would suggest you to run in every time you make any changes and check the log and correct any issues and rerun until everything is green and correctly referring to the new PI system.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

Just wanted to reach back to you again on the last response:

1. Since we are disconnecting existing PI 7.1 server and connecting a new PI 7.3 server - will all the proxies will have to be regenerated.

2. Will all the outbound and inbound proxy program will have to algined to the proxy structures?!

3. The objects and object names for ABAP proxy service interfaces are the same - however, this will be the new environment new server and new host name we will be connecting to disconnecting the OLD PI 7.3 - Does this require outbound and inbound proxy programs to be re-alinged with PI 7.3 structures.

Please, let me know.

Thank you so much,

Ritu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

If you are doing a 1-to-1 migration from PI 7.1 to PI 7.3, your interfaces definition in ESR would have remained the same.

For those ESR definition for proxy based interfaces, if the SWCV, namespace, SI, MT and DT remains the same, AFAIK you do not need to regenerate the proxy.

The best way to check for this is to get your ECC system connected to PI 7.3 ESR (update RFC destination SAP_PROXY_ESR) and run SPROXY transaction. For those interfaces that have proxies generated, you should see a green dot next to the Service Interface if all is well. If there are differences between the proxy definition and the ESR definition in PI 7.3 system, then it will show a red dot which indicates that you should regenerate.

Hope this answers your questions.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

We have followed all steps listed in the above discussion form.

However, once we replace SAP_PROXY_ESR with the new PI host name and credentials - we are seeing the following error & Unable to view any ESR content:

The Enterprise Service Browser can be changed by clicking

Utilities -> Settings -> Proxy Generation in the Proxy Editor.

We have completed the following steps successfully:

• SAP_PROXY_ESR (Connection Type G)
  • INTEGRATION_SERVER (Connection Type H)
  • LCRSAPRFC (Connection Type T)
  • SAPSLDAPI (Connection Type T)
  • Update SLDAPICUST

All the above had a successful connection test and also have updated SXMB_ADM config.

Can you please let us know wat could be the possible reason we are still not seeing ESR Content in SPROXY and we see the below MSG:

The Enterprise Service Browser can be changed by clicking

Utilities -> Settings -> Proxy Generation in the Proxy Editor.

Please, let us know your thoughts ... Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Ritu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

Can you provide screenshot of the steps you performed to get the error message, as well as a screenshot of the error message? I'm not sure where you are getting it.

Also, can you provide screenshot of the SAP_PROXY_ESR connection - the Technical Settings tab, and Logon & Security Tab?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, I am getting this message when I execute SPROXY in ECC

Also, Do I need to do any J2EE config with regard to

• LCRSAPRFC (Connection Type T)
  • SAPSLDAPI (Connection Type T)

IF yes, where do I need to do the J2EE config - where do I access -

• Choose Cluster --> Server --> Services. JCo RFC provider

Thank you very much for your timely help!!

Ritu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never seen that screen before when I run SPROXY.

What happens if you click the check box or the Never Display box?

This is what I get if I navigate to the setting that is mentioned in my system. Can you try going to the same setting and see what you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No change still the same issue : (

i still dont see any ESR content even after clicking the check mark.

Can you please let me know how:

RFC dest SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC program ids maintained on SAP PI java stack - in PI NWA - just found it on the forms but trying to where I can maintian this on the J2EE engine.

Thanks much,

Ritu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

As requested above, can you provide the screenshots for SAP_PROXY_ESR?

Did you make sure you included the path = /rep in the RFC destination as per the link below.

Connecting ABAP Backend System to ES Repository - Configuration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP Library

Connection to ESR should be quite straightforward, I don't think it's related to the SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC as those are related to SLD.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee

We have exactly followed the link:

Connecting ABAP Backend System to ES Repository - Configuration of SAP NetWeaver CE - SAP Library

However, the ESR content still doesnt show up and the connection test for SAP_PROXY_ESR has returned successful as well.

Please, find below the screenshot - anything else we need to check.

Thank you,

Ritu

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

Unfortunately, I don't know what else to check - connection to ESR is normally quite straightforward and I've never come across the screen error that you are seeing.

My suggestion is that you try and debug the SPROXY transaction in your ECC system, or get a help from an ABAPer to debug it and where why the system is returning the error screen.

Rgds

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu

Interestingly, I recently have access to an ECC EHP7 system and got the same message you mentioned above.

I don't think the message is a problem, after I click "Never Display" I can proceed to see the ESR contents as shown below. The browser does look a little different from what it used to look like before EHP7.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,Eng Swee,

To See the ESR Content as we see before EHP7 we need to make few settings in utilities like this.

Utilities--->Settings--->Proxy Generation

In the Enterprise Service Browser We need to select ESR Browser.

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.

Answers (0)