cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy Integration Flow on selected application server instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our environment is SAP PO 7.3 EHP 1 SP08 AS Java (Single Stack). We have multiple application server instances running on multiple physical servers. i.e we have x number of physical servers and on each server y number of application servers instances are there. Also on each application server instances we have z number of nodes. So in total we have x * y * z number of application server nodes (cluster nodes).

Now if I deploy an integration flow, the integration flow goes and get deployed on all nodes (i.e. x * y * z nodes). For some of the iflows, the data volumes are less and we would like to deploy them only on one of the application server (i.e. on 1 * 1 * z = z nodes).

So we would like to know how to deploy the integration flow on select application server instance.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shreyansh Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Shreyansh,

You can't have interfaces running on particular instances/nodes in a PI/PO system. It is not possible to deploy an IFlow to one instance or node.

However, if you install a decentral Adapter Engine (DAE) you can achieve your requirements here. You can configure the interface to run on the DAE.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your response. As I looked as the different aspects of DAE, it is nothing but a separate SAP PI System with separate SID and Database.

Reference:

With separate instance, it will add maintenance efforts and also there will be a need to have multiple such DAEs. So is there any other option OR a way to have a standalone application server instance?

Regards,

Shreyansh

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyansh,

I would say the DAE is closer to a separate Java engine. It does not have the full functionality of a central PI system and cannot operate without a central PI (the design and configuration of the interfaces is done in the central PI). But yes, it will add extra maintenance efforts.

There is no standard option and no other option, that I am aware of, which will allow you isolate an interface to run on a specific application server instance or node.

Regards
Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mark! Appreciate these information.

Regards,

Shreyansh