Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC ARM: Issue with Escalation

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello GRC Mates,

This is a very basic question from my side.

I did configure MSMP workflow and also used BRF+ line by line item for New Account and Lock Account in the sandbox system.

I do have three stages for new account

Requester -> Manager -> Role Owner -> Security

Now, I am looking to configure the below scenario.

If the Manager is not available It should get escalated to a different stage and route back to Role Owner and then move forward to Security

Also, I am using Agent type as Directly mapped Users at the moment.

I tried going through the threads but its not quiet clear from where i start and what should i do next?

Please help me in this.

Regards

Deepak M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

What do you mean by Manager is not available? Is it for specific duration.

For example of your scenario is to move the request from Manager to Role Owner stage if Manager didn't respond with in some time then you can use the option as mentioned below for escalation

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu babu,

I will try to be a bit more clear this time though the above screenshot and reply did help me to understand how to skip for next level.

I need one more stage say for example: Asst. Manager Stage or so...So when the manager doesn't approve the request within a specific period of time or he is on leave, it should get routed to Asst. Manager stage and once he approves it, it should go to Role owner and subsequently to Security Stage.

Regards

Deepak M

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

First thing is on what basis you determine your Assistant Manager agent?

Is it a directly mapped user agent or PFCG role based agent or BRF+ custom agent or Function Module based agent. You need to decide on this part. And more over no need to have separate stage to send the request to Asst Manager agent.

Once you have your Assistant Manager Ready then you can escalate to specified agent as shown below. Once your Assistant Manager approves the request, then request goes to Role owner followed by security in the same path.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

From the screenshot and explanation I understood How I need to escalate it to the agent id and i think i need to maintain the agent id in escalation agent since I am currently using Directly Mapped Agents.

If I select BRF+ Custom Agent, then how do i maintain the same in decision table?

Regards,

Deepak M

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

For using BRF+ custom agent for Asst Manager Stage, you should have some criterion to determine your Main Manager and the same criterion should be used in BRF+ to determine Asst Manager agent as well.

For example:

If User belongs to company X then Manager is Test 1

Then determine Asst Ngr also based on same parameters

If User belongs to company X then Asst Manager is Test 2

You need to decide how you determine but eventually you should have 2 BRF+ agents (one for Manager and one for Asst Manager) and you can use them at stage level as mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu babu,

Thanks for the lightning fast answers....

I did understand and i will try to go through the brf+ using the above conditions.

Do I need to build Agents rule there in Brf+?

At the moment, I will close this as answered.

Thanks a lot for all the step by step instructions and screenshots madhu.

Regards

Deepak M

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Deepak you need to build Agents rule in BRF+.

You can explore in GRC space there are lot of documents which can help you.

Regards,

Madhu.