cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SAP modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Myself Parag Deshmukh. Currently i'm doing my MCA(Master of Computer Application) PG course.Its my Final year and i heard lots about SAP. There are so many modules in SAP. So basically i need to know in which module i start my career.
Some of SAP consultant suggest me SAP ABAP module.

Is that good..? or any other module for fresher...?

whats current scenario about freshers after completing SAP certification.

Please guide me.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Same thing was with me 1 year ago & I was totally lost in this SAP world. Selecting a proper domain of interest is really tricky here.

1. First I thing I would suggest is you need to have proper understanding of SAP as a product & then focus on the modules under this suite.

2. Second, you come from a technical background & if you have interest in coding then you can opt for ABAP, CRM modules.

3. If you're interested in ETL of data then you can opt for SAP Data Services.

4. SAP supports business warehousing & reporting, so here, ABAP skills will be helpful to you & you'll learn much more about BW/BI(business Warehousing/Business Intelligence) in SAP.

5. If you've good domain knowledge about Finance then you can opt for Finance domain as well.

SAP is full of varied domains,you just need to find your interest. Stick to one & in the flow you'll learn much more(I'm doing the same ).

Hope this helps & Welcome to SCN .

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Sir,

Thank you for your suggestion.

If i go with ETL, i heard about that their are vacancies only for experience peoples. Not for freshers.

same for functional modules.

Is that true...?

Thank You

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Welcome to SCN.

I would strongly advise you to go through the blogs / documents in the spaces

"Certification" / "Careers"

You would be able to find the answers for of your questions. Module is something you need to select based on your interest. If you are good at programming, ABAP would not be a bad idea either. If you have interest in analytic / databases, go for BI / BOBJ / HANA type courses.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respect Sir,

I heard that the vacancies for BI/BOBJ/HANA are only for experiences people.

Freshers have to struggle for the job.

Is that true...?

Thank You.

santossh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Parag,

You'll have to struggle everywhere for a strong job position.Here, the important thing is to find & build your interest in one specified domain (don't rush in taking decisions).

Even though if you are interested in BI/BO/HANA/Data Services courses - you can approach them step by step in your career once you are into SAP.

I am not much aware about the market demand but, one thing I can say if you've an effective skill set you'll get what you want.

Keep in mind there's always a hope & don't loose it

Regards,

Santosh