cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi forum can u explain me the concept of RFC destination and port....

and when do i need to make a RFC destination.................

Q1. Do i need to make a RFC destination in my XI's abap stack if a make a call to a RFC(in the same abap stack) from my BPM?

if not, in which case do i need to make it............... and what are the other conditions where i make a RFC destination.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep dhar,

RFC:Remote Funciton call

This is nothing but the connection from the R/3 to XI or either wise.

When you are dealing with file to idoc...in this scenario you need to communicate with the R/3 system idoc.For communicating R/3 idoc you will creating the connection from XI to R/3.

How this connection will be made:

1) Login in to XI and use the TCode as sm59,there you need to enter your R/3 detils,system host,username and password of the R/3,client..you can imagine this as something like remote desktop concept.

Even you can imagine the same in idoc to file scenario..In this case your idoc want to rech to XI system..for this case you will be creating the RFC destination,port and partner profiles in R/3 by giving the details of XI system.

2) Ports are the nothing but to transfer the data from the one soure to the another source..Login to xi and use transaction as we21 and there you need to give your port number.it is up to you..u an give any name but there you need to select the RFC destination which you already created.

Hope I am clear.

Pleae let me know if you have any queries..

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general RFC Destination will be created for the IDoc scenarios.

in come scenarios we need create the TCTP IP type connections , like for sender RFC .

Default RFC destination for the IS could be there.(Ingeneral at the time of post installation we will create)

Regards

Chilla