cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management trigger point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to understand what is the trigger point for Credit management for a Sales order. Please find my points.

1. I haven't maintained any values in Credit control area level (Where we used to maintain credit limit for new customer), but I maintained Update button as 00012.

2. I haven't maintained any values for a customers in FD32.

3. I haven't maintained anything in OVA8.

4. There are no entries found for the Customer in S066 and S067 tables.

Simply in VOV8 "Check credit limit" field is updated with the value "D".

In the Item category "Crdit Active" buttton is ticked.

But when I created a sales order, I am getting credit block.

Are these two fields enough to trigger Credit check for a Sales order.

On what basis my Sales order is getting blocked.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Incase of Automatic Credit check, system will not execute Credit Check in Sales Order unless Risk Category (& Credit Limit) is assigned to Customer via FD32 or when these details are default from Credit Control Area.

Now you have already mentioned that there are no default values in your Credit Control Area and FD32 screens are not maintained for the Customers. In such a case Credit Check should not run and Sales Order should not be blocked.

Please do a further investigation and check for some Custom Developments in your system.

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh / Sridhar,

Thanks for the responses.

As you said, there may be some custom development which is checking the credit.

Since I haven't maintained FD32 and OVA8, this may be the option.

Also S066, S067, KNKK and KNKA has no values for the customer.

I was thinking, apart from all these things, SAP has some other controls in standard SAP itself.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai,

Please check in OVA8 transaction,it might be tick on Open item/Oldest Open item then system will be checked customer Open balance.

Thank You!

Chakradhara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't maintained anything in OVA8.

So this is not the issue.

Regards,

Raja Durai

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Durai,

check the below settings .

1.check VOV8 credit group is active or not ?

2.increase the credit limit and try once (just assumption)

3.check any other sales area which is assigned to credit control  area and the same is assigned to OVA8 , so with that option also it may triggers .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durai Raja,

When you are creating the sales order, you are getting  because in your sales document type at VOV8 check if in General Control tab -- check credit limit = 'D' is there.

and this D is for giving an order block on the pretext of credit block so that in the workflow the concerned person can able to view weather to release this order for further processing or not.

sometimes this can be a business requirement to put the order block by this way and its your turn to find out, was there any such requirement to block this order type on the pretext of credit block?

Thanks,

Sridhar