cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying SNOTE in nw2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to implement a note thru SNOTE.when i try to do this its promting another screen authenticating for user ID and password.i have checked the RFC connections SAPOSS and SAPNET_RFC in which connection test is fine.can any one tell me what might can be done to overcome the error.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Are you receiving this message when you attempt to download the note from SAP? Where exactly are you in the SNOTE process when you see this error message please?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

yes you are right when i try to download the note its promting another screen for remote logon which requires authentication for another system.i never faced the situation like this in nw2004.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram ,

There are two way to apply a note in to syste.

First one is Download Sap Note and Second one is Upload Sap Note. if you want to download the sap note directly then you have to confugure your sap connection to sap server have a look on OSS1 transaction. it should be configured. and 2nd one is upload sap note in this method you can download sapnote first into your system and then upload it.

hope it helps you.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Subhash is correct. You could technically download the note to your desktop using your Download Manager (just like support packs or patches) Remember however to NOT provide any formatting to the note - adding an extension like a TXT file will render the note unreadable to the SAP system. Just download the note as it is given from SAP. Then in SNOTE, us the 'upload' option and navigate to the spot where the file is located. This will work fine.

However, if this is one of those notes that requres 20 other notes to go in as well, we really should check the OSS1 connection and get that working so everything is 'automatic' for you. I'll search OSS for the note about this connection, but in the meantime, you should confirm that this SAP system is connected to/has available the saprouter connection that's needed to complete the link. If you're not basis, hook up with your basis person to confirm this infromation.

Cheers,

Tim

Ram - check out the following notes - 182308, 797001, 766505, and 812386. I'd start with 812386 first.

Message was edited by: Tim Hild - added note numbers

Tim Hild

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

Thankyou, your post served my purpose.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

Going with Ram's question, i have installed ECC6.0 in my box, but presently could not use Snote, i think it has not been added, as it is an Add on.

So can anyone of you, please help me how to go about it, i did searched in marketplace, but no luck

When i tried tcode, Snote, it is giving me "Unable to find SAP Note that meets specified criteria"

Awaiting reply.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

follow the notes suggested by Tim.note no-812386.hope this will help you.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I did tried this, but no results

SAPOSS is there but cant connect.

Please advice.

Anand.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yuezhi_zhao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the logon data in the RFC destination SAPOSS in SM59. You might need to reenter the logon data for the note service servers.

Regards,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

You didn`t mention any errors in your previous post..You have mentioned about the authentication process while implementing SNOTE which is a normal process. Please explain your error situation in detail.

regards,

Vinodh.