Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a fresh copy of global ruleset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I come across a situation where I am thinking to delete all old/existing rules and want to refresh global ruleset. I want a fresh copy of ruleset as we have straight out of box. Any idea please, how to?

I tried to find it on “service.sap.com” but no luck. If some one knows the link please share.

Thanks in advice for your help and time.

Regards,

Nasir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Arif mentioned - there is a way to get standard rule set.

To add on top and just simply warn you that activating an SAP rule set will bring a lot of data which maybe

1. redundant to what you have,

2. unnecessary and it is not so easy to get rid of it

3. if by accident you would use the same name function/risk id in you current ruleset - it will be enhanced with a lot of new data in most cases not matched to you company need causing potencial false positive issues.

If you really need to activate the standard ruleset do it in Sandbox environment, next base on tables use only selected data you really need. 

On my projects I never activate standard content, but works on our company know-how to build client custom rules.

Filip

9 REPLIES 9

Arif1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

use GRAC_DOWNLOAD_RULES and GRAC_UPLOAD_RULES.

you can active following BC set

Tcode SCPR20

BC Set ID

BC Set description

GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON

Rule Set for Common rules

GRAC_RA_RULESET_JDE

BC Set for AC Rules for JDE

GRAC_RA_RULESET_ORACLE

BC Set for AC Rules for ORACLE

GRAC_RA_RULESET_PSOFT

BC Set for AC Rules for PeopleSoft

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_APO

BC Set for AC Rules - SAP APO

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_BASIS

BC Set for AC Rules - SAP BASIS

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_CRM

BC Set for AC Rules for SAP CRM

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_ECCS

BC Set for AC Rules for SAP ECCS

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_HR

BC Set for AC Rules for SAP HR

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_NHR

BC Set for AC Rules for SAP R3 less HR Basis

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_R3

BC Set for AC Rules for SAP R3

GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_SRM

BC Set for AC Rules for SAP SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

Thanks for your advice. Whatever you mentioned is already in system and activated. But my question is different, how to rid-off existing rule set and populate new copy of global.

Regards,

Nasir

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Arif mentioned - there is a way to get standard rule set.

To add on top and just simply warn you that activating an SAP rule set will bring a lot of data which maybe

1. redundant to what you have,

2. unnecessary and it is not so easy to get rid of it

3. if by accident you would use the same name function/risk id in you current ruleset - it will be enhanced with a lot of new data in most cases not matched to you company need causing potencial false positive issues.

If you really need to activate the standard ruleset do it in Sandbox environment, next base on tables use only selected data you really need. 

On my projects I never activate standard content, but works on our company know-how to build client custom rules.

Filip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Filip you input is good and thanks. But again how to rid-off existing rule set and populate fresh copy of global?

0 Kudos

Go into IMG and do mass delete of the rule set (you can always download it to files if you want a backup copy). Afterwards, go and reactivate the BC sets that you want for the rule set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your input. I am mentioning the path, please conform it or correct it. It's under "Access Risk Analysis - SoD rules - Delete SoD Rules".

Regards,

Nasir

0 Kudos

Hi Nasir

Yes that is the path. There is the option to download as well if you want to keep a copy in case you want to reimport them

once you complete the deletion you can then go to Activate BC Sets (Arif mentioned the list but you may not actually need them all if you don't have those components in scope)

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

You are quick and thank again, I am now very close to action. As Arif said SCPR20, there is no re-activation button. Can I press activate (F7) for given BC set. I am attaching snapshot here.

Another thing for my knowledge, how to check activated BC set in system (a bit detail please). Thanks.

Regards,

Nasir

0 Kudos

Hi Nasir

Yes, you activate again which is the logical equivalent of "reactivating"

Once it's activated, there is a button on the toolbar that allows you to compare the data in the BC set to the values in the table. That's how you can see that you have reactivated the content. I think it's the a over b button to the left of the activation

Regards

Colleen