Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE Error

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are working on Material master interface and we need to send data using Message type MATMAS from ECC to PI from and from there the data would go to a 3rd party system.

In the landscape, the PI system  is a Single Stack system. We came to know that we cannot create a "ABAP" type RFC destination to send IDOCs from SAP ECC to a Single Stack PI system. Instead a Type "T" RFC destination has to be created and hence we proceeded creating an RFC Destination of the type "T".

Below is that nice blog which we followed to make settings in ECC and PI systems respectively.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34155

As part of the process, we are trying to Distribute the model in txn' BD64 and we get the below shown error(sc)

Unsupported function module MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE used with IDocActivationSpec re

Please help us resolve this issue.....Your help is very appreciated !!

My Best Regards,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229034
Participant

Hi Team,

Thank you for your replies. Today we have been working based on the information above and also made some changes in the PI system and we get a new error and below is the screen print of the same. The connection test on the target system works though !!

Target system PIDCLNT100: Communication error occurred

Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67

My Best Regards,

Chaitanya

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i suggested earlier, it's an issue with your RFC destination configuration. So do a connection test which i believe fail with the same reason.

Did you set the communication type with target system to " Unicode" under uni code tab in RFC destination?

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hareesh,

Thank you for your quick reply. The RFC destination fails. We will check the configuration, fix it, try further and update you.

On the other hand, under the tab "Unicode" in RFC destination, the Communication Type with Target System is already " Unicode".

Thank you,

Chaitanya

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have provided gateway host and service properties are configured correctly in inbound RA and RFC destination.

Refer to this note for more info :

1989478 - IDoc_AAE 'Program XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_PID not registered'

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Hareesh, we have provided Gateway Host and Gateway service correctly. We are checking through all the settings again.

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar, Hareesh, Azhar,

This is now resolved. We are able to send data using Message type MATMAS from ECC to PI. Earlier, we have input incorrect details for some of the parameters, we have corrected the same and it all started working.

In the PI system --> Infrastructure --> Application Resources --> inboundRA (search for this string) --> Select the Resource Adapter entry --> Properties:

MaxReaderThreadCount: 5 (earlier this was 3 - this was wrong)

Local : true (earlier we put it as false - this was wrong)

Below is the link that we followed for fixing the issue:

--> Just want to share some information with you You may want to go through the below link for your knowledge base.

I Thank you so much for all your time,

Best Regards,

Chaitanya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naga,

I encounter same issues with you. I try the methods you talked. MaxReaderThreadCount = 5, The value was 6 before. The errors still exist when I use T-CODE bd64 to disbribute.

The process was normal before. but ERP R/3 production system was after reinstalled. The error take happened.

In addition, I cannot look at the message records of idoc via T-CODE SXI_MONITOR.

My PI version: 7.31

Sender Adapter: IDOC_AAE

Receiver Adapter: HTTP_AAE

Scenario: send master data of material to third system.

Please help solve.

Many thanks.

Hubery Yao

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is fixed. Thank you all.

Many thanks & best regards,

Hubery Yao

aakash_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hubery Yao

I have done all the same config settings as Naga Chaitanya has suggested in his previous post but still i am getting the same error in BD64 . Can you please tell us that how you have fixed that issue .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Himmel,

For  adapter IDOC_AAE, the steps is not necessary to distribute the view. You only need to generate the partner profile.

Many thanks & best regards,

Hubery

aakash_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Hubery. 

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer following for similar issue:

During the ALE Model Distribuion, the Function Module MODEL_DISTRIBUTE is called and from within this FM a Remote Call is made in the RFC Destination (Target System) for the Function MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE.

The possible reasons are:

a) Model View name is not specified

b) No Authorization to Create or Change the Model View in target system for the user id mentioned in SM59

c) The BAPI or Message Type involved in the Distribution Model already exists in another Distribution Model in Target system

d) Model is being edited by another user in the target system

Regards,
Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I actually am facing the same issue in BD 64.I am trying to send in the data from CHM system to MES system through webMethods

So I have set the port of MES system as webmethods and the RFC connection too is working fine and tested.

When I try to go to model view and distribute  the distribution model I get an error saying

Function MODEL_VIEW_REPLICATE not found

I really appreciate urgent help from anyone.

Struggling since past few days on the same issue

Note: There is no issue in RFC connection.Its working correctly and tested as well.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you do the connection test on the RFC destination PIDCLNT100?

Former Member
0 Kudos