cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Availability Check Based on Sales Order Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All SD experts,

Usually ( correct me if i'm wrong ) availability check is set via schedule lines item type. Is there any way that I can disable the availability check based solely on Sales Order Type ? Meaning no matter what item category or schedule lines assigned to materials, availability check will still be disable.

Besides setting in schedule lines type, what are others config that might trigger availability check ? MRP settings ? Movement type ?

Any valuable feedback will be great and much appreciated. A big thank you in advance.

Warmest Regards,

Edie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI EDIE

In order for the availability check to happen,the following configuration settings are required.

Availability check:

a) you have to define requirement class & requirement type.

b) you have to activate at scheduline category level

c) in deleviry item.cat ,there is availability check off field,,,,, if u dont mention any values here,then system checks for availability.if u mention 'x' here,then system dont check for availability.

d) you define checking group and checking rule ,these determine how availability check is going to be performed

MRP:

MRP determines how material is planned,whether it is inhouse production or external procurement.MRP also determines the time taken for the material to become available for ready use.When ever an order is rised,the requirement is passed to MRP through transfer of requirements(TOR), here MRP determines the inhouse production time or external procurement time.

Movement Type: Movement type determines the type of material movement ,whether it is Goods Issue ,,, or ,, Goods Recipt,,,,, stock transfer between two plants etc.Movement type is determined in schedule line category level.

Award points if it is useful

Prasad.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Many thanks for the informative info. Would like to check further if I can. By standard process, availability check is on schedule line level in sales order and item category level in delivery.

Is there any way to control it on sales order type level ? For example, on existing sales order type OR, availability check is in place for item category TAN ( tied to schedule line CP ). If I wanted to copy SaTy OR to say ZOR ( copying all the subsequent assignments ), can I set it in a way that for ZOR, availability check will not be applicable to item category TAN ( tied to schedule line CP ) ?

Thanks and cheers.

Edie

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Edie

Did you get a solution to the above mentioned problem?

If yes, yiur help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Jajati

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read VaibhavVohra's post he has suggested two solutions.

E.g.

sales doc type = Z1OR

item category = ZTAN

schedule line category = ZN

Could you please explain the business requirement (why for the sales document type which does not need availability check, a new item category ZTAN can not be created?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW

There are two different applications that create the sales order. However the subsequent processing is same. So a new item category will impact the whole downstream system?

Any idea about which exit can be used for the same?

Regards

Jajati

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use EXIT_SAPLATPC_001. Here you could implement code that loops through T_ATPFIELDX and searches for an entry where KFDNA = AUART [Order Type] and VALUE = TA [Standard Order type for example]. If the system finds the order type that you do not want to execute an availability check, you can then set T_ATPCSX = " " rather than = "X". This will prevent the system from executing the ATP check for a specific order type.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Noel,

Could you please explain e.g.

Table-Field name for field "Availability" in a schedule line category, in VOV6 is V_TVEP-ATPPR.

Why do you use

set T_ATPCSX = " " rather than = "X". 

Thank you!

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, that was a typing error; it should be T_ATPCSX-CHKFLG = " " rather than = "X".

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T_ATPCSX

Is the above a table? I tried finding it in SE16N but could not.

I would appreciate if you explain your post, as you would explain to a beginner.

Thank you!

former_member223981
Active Contributor

When the ATP check is executed on the system, function module AVAILABILITY_CHECK_CONTROLLER is always called. The following is code in this function module:

**************************************************************************************

* User-Exit before check

CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION '001'

TABLES

T_ATPCSX = P_ATPCSX

T_ATPFIELDX = P_ATPFIELDX.

CALL FUNCTION 'AVAILABILITY_CHECK'

**************************************************************************************

The call to customer function 001 refers to user exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 and this gives you the opportunity to change the standard values in the P_ATPCSX structure before the availability check is actually executed.

In structure P_ATPFIELDX, there will be a row that contains the order type. So you can maintain code within the exit that id this row contains a particular order type, then change the values of the P_ATPCSX structure so that an ATP check is not executed (For example, setting CHKFLG to initial).

If you want to see the structure in SE11, use structure ATPCS. You will need to get an ABAPer to create the code and activate the exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Noel. Thank you very much. I wanted to award you some points but I am not sure if SCN took that option out.

Regards

Jajati

Regards

Jajati

former_member361845
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

I have a similar requirement where in i had to stop the availability check for all SO.

As soon as Enter button pressed at line item(material, Qty,Plant) the availability check happens.Can this be stopped.

Is this possible with the current User exit or do you have any solution for this ?

Thanks

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should turn it off in customising.

It can be turned off

1) In transaction OVZ2 for the checking group

2) In transaction VOV6 for the schedule line category

3) In transaction OVZG for the requirements class.

First you should check if the above options help.

If not, then you need to look at using exits EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 or EXIT_SAPLATPC_002.

Hope this helps.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

availability chek will be done @ item level.

while determine the availabilit chek we taken cheking rule into consideration- OVZ9.

if u wont do this , availability check wont active at sales order level.

this not doc type specific.

*hope it adds info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the info. Will definitely look into this.

Warmest Regards,

Edwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have a Z item category & schedule line category & set it to be determined for the required scenarios.

Other option to be explored would be user -exits trying to see if the av check can be dynamically changed according to the new document type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.