cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with SOAP Adapter Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PI Experts,

I am new to SAP PI would need your valuable inputs on my below requirement.

SAP TM had provided standard Message proxy - TransportationOrderBookingRequest_Out (Asynchronous) for booking request. We need to use this standard proxy to send data to Third party system.

Third party system can accept web services so I was planning for using web services to send data from SAP TM system to legacy system.

Let me know what is the best approach while designing any interface with legacy systems if SAP is providing proxy messages.

Below are the steps i am following to meet this requirements:

1. Created CC as SOAP adapter type as Sender
  2. Created Sender Agreement using Booking request proxy message and Sender CC
  3. Shared WSDL file to TIBCO using display WSDL option of sender agreement

Let me know creation of SOAP adapter type should be sender or receiver in this case. Also, please suggest what should be the next follow up steps with legacy system to get or share details.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your PI version?

If it is >7.11, you can definitely use SOAP adapter on sender side to trigger the proxy messages from TM to SAP PI.

Refer to below blog for configuration.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

And you don't need to share the wsdl with any team, as the sender would be TM system which will post the messages to PI using the RFC destination.

Coming back to your receiver, your third party should provide you with the web services if you want to send this data from PI to them,

If you don't have such option, you can send this information as a file to them. In that case, you can use File/FTP/SFTP adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hareesh,

Thanks for the reply.

My PI version is 7.1 SP0018.

Do I need to create SOAP adapter type as Sender or receiver in my case.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

considering your PI version, you don;t need an adapter to send proxy messages from TM to PI.

Just search for proxy to file/ proxy to soap scenario in SAP PI. you should find many blogs on SCN.

sample :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ac1a33-debf-2c10-45bf-fb19f6e15...

>>>Do I need to create SOAP adapter type as Sender or receiver in my case.

Sender -> no adapter -> proxy communication

Receiver -> It depends on your receiver system. i.e, how you want to communicate with your target system. If they have webservice then you can use SOAP. If they accept File then you should use File adapter.

Answers (0)