Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall HostAgent

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

QA system export to be imported in Test/Training system. I am going to uninstall Test System with DB option and then continue in Test System with QA export dump.

While un-installing existing SAP,

I continued to uninstall with above screen option. But Please let me know what will happen if select "Uninstall Standalone HostAgent" while uninstalling Test system ?

Regards,

Dheen AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

As SAP host agent accomplish tasks like os monitoring,database monitoring as well as SAP Instance control.

If you un check Uninstall standalone host agent all the related files will be there after complete uninstall procedure of your test system.

For more on the issue i would suggest to check with SAP links at SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

and Uninstalling SAP Host Agent - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

Regards,

Gaurav

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnaks Gaurav..

That mean Can I install HostAgent alone if its removed/Uninstalled?

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

Yes there is an option to install it manually

Installing SAP Host Agent Manually - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

Regards,

Murali

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

Yes you could install it manually also .Follow SAP link Installing SAP Host Agent Manually - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

Hope this will be helpful .

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dheen,

If you want un-install via sapinst like above your screenshot to de-select "Profiles Available"(need to run sapinst once again separately for this) or

follow below help portal

Uninstalling SAP Host Agent - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

You can install at the time of System copy - import method.

Better you can remove it is not affected and during the importing it will install with new binaries.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder why you not simply clone it?...

Please let me know what will happen if select "Uninstall Standalone HostAgent" while uninstalling Test system ?

The answer is 4 lines under it... on the same screenshot.

Regards, Juan

anvardheen_jabarullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your updates. I have read that line. My question is what is the impact if uninstall HostAgent ?

*Will be automatically come (install back if click Un-install HostAgent option) while System Copy by using Export Dump?

*While uninstalling HostAgent, System users like SAP<SID>ADM,SAPservice<SID> will be removed?

Please correct me if am wrong

Regards,

Dheen AJ

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope... let me clarify your confusion.

You cannot select uninstall using a profile and uninstall host agent at the same time.

The only reason for that to exist is because the host agent does not have a profile, hence it cannot be listed... so if you want to uninstall the host agent you need to deselect the profile selection and select the uninstall standalone host agent. This way the uninstaller will look to remove the host agent only.

If you are going to reinstall a SAP system there is no point on uninstalling the host agent.

Going back to my original answer why don't you clone the system rather than doing an export/import?.

Regards, JP