cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP Messaging server update failed issue while upgrading Server.

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have upgraded SUP 2.1.3 to SUP 2.2 but getting one error in AMP_Module table. Below is the error detail:

Error: Failed to sync table [AMP_MODULES]:Index 'IDX_MODULE_NAME' for table 'AMP_MODULES' would not be unique
Index 'IDX_MODULE_NAME' for table 'AMP_MODULES' would not be unique

I tried the below workarounds but no success:

1. http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01206.0224/doc/pdf/sup_troubleshooti...

Sybase Unwired Platform Messaging Server not successfully updated.

The following error may occur when upgrading Sybase Unwired Platform to the latest version.

Sybase Messaging Server was NOT successfully updated. Value 0x0 not found in Install Success registry entry.  

You can also find the following error in the system event log:

Database version check failed. Database version 'nnnnn' doesn't match expected version 'NNNNN'. This may be caused by an upgrade failure. Until this issue is fixed, the services will not start. 

Workaround: In most cases, the failure occurs due to issues in CDB connectivity. Re-running the messaging server installer as follows will fix the issue in most cases.

If performing a cluster installation, run these steps in the primary node or the first Application Service Node to which the upgrade was applied:

1. Stop the Sybase Unwired Server services on all cluster nodes.
  2. Start only the Sybase Unwired Server CacheDB service.
  3. From a Windows command window, navigate to the location where the support pack install files are extracted.
  4. Navigate to the MessagingServer subfolder.
  5. Run "setup.exe finishdbupdates=true" and wait for the setup to finish.
  6. Start the Sybase Unwired Server service using the desktop shortcut.

I tried the above two workarounds but still getting the errror. Request you all share your Upgrade experience for the above mentioned error.

Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

After working with SAP service support we found that there is huge difference in SUP 2.1.3 and SMP 2.3.x server database and other components. The migration process is very high effort taking . It is much recommended to install a fresh server and run it parallel to other.

Regards
Rahul

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working simultaneously with SAP support on this. I just wanted to discuss this with the SAP mobile experts so we can get it resolved asap.

I will update this discussion with the solution once we resolve it.

Regards

Rahul

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below are more log details for the issue:

12-18-2014 07:55:35 RunDBOperations(): preparing to run dbupgrader.

12-18-2014 07:55:35 Info: Running DbUpgrader.

12-18-2014 07:55:35 C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\MessagingServer\Bin\dbupgrader.exe

12-18-2014 07:55:35 RunDBOperations(): Dbupgrader run completed.

12-18-2014 07:55:35 RunDBOperations(): DBMigration pending.

12-18-2014 07:55:35 RunDBOperations(): Preparing to run DBMigrationTool.

The database migration failed. Please review the migration logs in the Bin folder.

12-18-2014 07:56:02 RunDBOperations(): DBMigrationTool processing failed.

12-18-2014 07:56:02 Error: ServerKeyOperations not run as there was error running DBUpgrade or DBMigration

12-18-2014 07:56:02 OnFirstUIAfter(): Finished calling RunDBOperations.

12-18-2014 07:56:02 OnMaintUIAfter(): End

12-18-2014 07:56:02 OnEnd(): Start

12-18-2014 07:56:02 Exit Status: 3

Regards

rahul

former_member196814
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I have upgraded 2.1.3 to 2.2 . SP04 still need to be applied on system. we want to fix this issue first and then we will apply SP04 to it.

I have received this error after 2.2 upgrade only. I am not able to find any such document for SUP 2.2

Please share your views on this as this error has become a showstopper for us.

regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open a case with support for showstopper issues. You'd want to attach the installer logs and the migration logs in the MessagingServer\Bin folder.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I see you are referencing the 2.2 SP04 documentation.

Are you upgrading directly to 2.2 SP04 from 2.1.3?

I believe you have to first upgrade to 2.2, then apply each SP separately.

Thanks,

Andrew.