SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter FM account assignment manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created derivation rule for fund, fund center and commitment item. Commitment item is deriving from GL master data, Fund Center is deriving from Cost Center and fund is deriving from Fund Center master data. These rules are working fine. Now i want to manually change the fund center during transaction entry. Is it possible or not ?

Right now when i change the fund center manually and press enter button, system automatically derive the previous fund center again as per the derivation rule. Now i want that system derive the fund center as per derivation rules, but also allow me to manually the fund center during transaction posting. 

Regards,

Kashif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kashif,

In the rule definition for funds center, set the field attribute to 'Do Not Overwrite If Fld Already Filled'.  This will prevent the derivation from overwriting your manual entry.

Thanks,

Todd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kashif,

In the rule definition for funds center, set the field attribute to 'Do Not Overwrite If Fld Already Filled'.  This will prevent the derivation from overwriting your manual entry.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos

Dear Todd,

Thanks a lot for your input, problem is solved as per your suggestion.

Regards,

Kashif

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following Todd's remark, be aware, that if you change overwrite flag, account change of a document (say, PO) won't provoke change in FM assignment any more.

Regards,

Eli