cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gets a requirement to do mapping this way.

Source field Transaction mapped to target field Status

Transaction has values like IN, OUT, OK, VER etc and accordingly I have to sent A10, B10, A20 and B20

I made a value table and working fine

Now they said that one more condition.

If Transaction is IN, and if any other values come in the next one minute, it should be set to A25

If Transaction is OUT, and if any other values come in the next one minute it should be set to B25

Basically it's the swipe of the employees and employee swipes more than once in a minute,if the transaction is IN then it should be set as A25 for the remaining transactions in the next minute.

If the Transaction is OUT, it should be set as B25 for the remaining transactions happening in a minute

How do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume this has to be done @ employee level but not at the message level?

i.e. if the same employee swipes in several times in a minutes gap, you need to set the value to A25/B25.

Are you sending this information to ECC? If so it would be easy to handle this logic there while updating the tables.

I don't think it would be good to handle this in middleware(depends on number of employees ). May be you can the feasibility of handling this at target system itself.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

If Transaction is IN, and if any other values come in the next one minute, it should be set to A25

If Transaction is OUT, and if any other values come in the next one minute it should be set to B25

--->> The new message comes in next 1 min? If yes, then you can achieve this with BPM. The first message needs to wait on transaction condition and if no message come in one min then delivered with value mapping else use next condition.

If next message value map needs to change then you can update a table with value and time stamp and based on condition the value map for next map is change.

regards,

Harish